Week 2 - 16st 5lbs - ave steps 7,680
Week 3 - 16st 5lbs - ave steps 7,691
Week 4 - 16st 6lbs - ave steps 9,698

May
Week 5 - 16st 4lbs - ave steps 11,567
Week 6 - 16st 2lbs - ave steps 10,827
Week 7 - 16st 0lbs - ave steps - 11,613
Week 8 - 15st 13lbs - ave steps - 14,730

Week 9 - 15st 13lbs - ave steps - 10,735 - I'm ok with this as I really didn't do that well this week - only logged about half the week, was playing at a music festival Friday + Saturday (free beer, free food and some GLORIOUS jerk chicken), very stressful time at work/in home life recently also, so fell back into slightly worse habits, but a positive is that I still didn't all out binge.

End goal - 12st 8lbs (and a “healthy” BMI) by end of 2022/early 2023.

Slow and steady wins the race. Want to see updates from others.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Week 9 update (9/52).

April
Week 1 - 16st 5lbs - ave steps 6,811
Week 2 - 16st 5lbs - ave steps 7,680
Week 3 - 16st 5lbs - ave steps 7,691
Week 4 - 16st 6lbs - ave steps 9,698

May
Week 5 - 16st 4lbs - ave steps 11,567
Week 6 - 16st 2lbs - ave steps 10,827
Week 7 - 16st 0lbs - ave steps - 11,613
Week 8 - 15st 13lbs - ave steps - 14,730

Week 9 - 15st 13lbs - ave steps - 10,735 - I'm ok with this as I really didn't do that well this week - only logged about half the week, was playing at a music festival Friday + Saturday (free beer, free food and some GLORIOUS jerk chicken), very stressful time at work/in home life recently also, so fell back into slightly worse habits, but a positive is that I still didn't all out binge.

End goal - 12st 8lbs (and a “healthy” BMI) by end of 2022/early 2023.

Slow and steady wins the race. Want to see updates from others.

Keep going. Doing well. Good luck and use the plan to get through the hard times.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Ok, this is where I’m at.

In March I was 92.50 kilos or 14 and half stone. My target is 76 kilos or 12 stone by the autumn.

I knew I’d put on quite a lot of weight during the lockdown, but it was only when I went for a health check with the Nurse at the GP when I realised I’d put on more than two stone. I’m only 5 ft 9 so can’t "carry" weight like taller and bigger men. I felt shit. Many of my clothes didn’t fit anymore and was ashamed of how I looked, especially naked. It got to the stage when if I didn’t try and do something about it now I was going to be fat - quite possibly for the rest of my life.

So, I downloaded an app called Better Me (yes – a crap title) but it’s proving to be very helpful and motivating. It gives me a daily work out (usually about 25 mins with the option to do more), some yoga and the seemingly obligatory 10,000 steps. It makes me log my food in take too to keep an eye on the calories. I try and do the work out 5 times a week and the yoga maybe 3 or 4 times, work and time dependent.

I find brisk walking really helps keep the weight down and to come off and of course, not drinking. I try and do 2 or 3 days per week, sometimes 4, ( that’s doing well) with no booze.

I’ve cut out most dairy, including chocolate, the fizzy drinks have gone ( I love a coke) and generally don’t eat until I’m stuffed full. The workouts and the yoga mean I’m more flexible and I’m stronger. The other thing is that I still have a life. It’s not purgatory. I still go to the pub & have the odd curry if I like. In short, it’s a realistic plan for me.

There have been some set- backs and recently I’ve put on weight as went to a festival and then had the long weekend, so I ate and drank more than I have been. But overall, it’s heading in the right direction.

Most weigh-ins done without clothes.

March 20. 92.50 kilos with clothes
April 2. 90.65 kilos no clothes
April 5. 89.95
April 6 89.40
April 18 89.35 ( 90.70 with clothes)
April 26, 88.75
April 30 88.00 kilos.
May 6. 87.30 kilos
May 8. 87.50 kilos
May13. 87.50 kilos
May 18. 86.25 kilos
May 22. 85.90 kilos.
May 23. 86.40 kilos.
May 24. 85.10 kilos.
May 25. 84.65 kilos
May 26. 84.55 kilos.
May 31. 85.65 kilos
June 1. 84.75 kilos.
June 6. 85.55 kilos.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
March 20. 92.50 kilos with clothes
April 2. 90.65 kilos no clothes
April 5. 89.95
April 6 89.40
April 18 89.35 ( 90.70 with clothes)
April 26, 88.75
April 30 88.00 kilos.
May 6. 87.30 kilos
May 8. 87.50 kilos
May13. 87.50 kilos
May 18. 86.25 kilos
May 22. 85.90 kilos.
May 23. 86.40 kilos.
May 24. 85.10 kilos.
May 25. 84.65 kilos
May 26. 84.55 kilos.
May 31. 85.65 kilos
June 1. 84.75 kilos.
June 6. 85.55 kilos.

Absolutely superb work mate.

Nothing better than when you manage to break some long held bad habits - still struggling with mine atm but slowly making progress.

Sounds like you've done it the right way as well, a number of smaller tweaks rather than trying to go too hard too fast - if the regime makes you miserable, it's never going to last.

It's also funny how often people recommend brisk walking, and I couldn't agree more - it was a big part of my previous health kick about 2-3 years ago.

Keep going, and update us again every week or whatever you fancy.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
May 23rd - 29th
Week 1 of Tracking

Total Calories Burnt: 6807
Average Per Day: 972
Walk and Cycle Move Distance: 41.35 km
Active Time: 9h 54m

-----------------------------------------------------------------

May 30th - June 5th
Week 2 of Tracking

Total Calories Burnt: 7292
Average Per Day: 1041
Walk and Cycle Move Distance: 38.46 km
Active Time: 10h 2m

Will start tracking weight from next week.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

May 30th - June 5th
Week 2 of Tracking

Total Calories Burnt: 7292
Average Per Day: 1041
Walk and Cycle Move Distance: 38.46 km
Active Time: 10h 2m

Will start tracking weight from next week.

June 6th - June 12th
Week 3 of Tracking

Current Weight: 197 lbs
Target Weight 170 lbs

Total Calories Burnt: 7378
Average Per Day: 1054
Walk and Cycle Move Distance: 40.26 km
Active Time: 8h 51m

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hit my two stone loss today - half a stone to go.

I'd say 80% of it is watching more carefully what I've been eating (and portion size) with the other 20% doing more exercise

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Right you lazy pricks, I'm resurrecting this thread.

Will be doing weekly updates again starting from the end of this week.

Enough is enough. Feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
Timely. My weight has been creeping up again. Decided to do something about it last week and somehow put on five pounds – which is more than I put on when eating normally. So I've set myself a target of a 1st 7oz loss before Christmas to get back to 13 stone...

Wish me luck – it's getting harder as I get older!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So I've gotten gout again. It's really bloody annoying - and quite painful, although having had kidney stones, I would choose gout over kidney stones any day!

Point is, I keep getting physical ailments, some of it is stress related, but it's also exacerbated by my tendency to eat like a prick when I'm stressed. I'm 36 and need to be working hard atm to support the family, so endless injuries/illnesses are obviously not ideal.

I weighed myself this morning - 16 stone 5 pounds. Again the ultimate aim is 12 stone, but I'm not going to rush myself. In 2020 I documented a pretty rapid weight loss on here that led to be creating SIX (!) kidney stones which I've spent the past 2 years dealing with.

Lots of water, walks once I can again. 1,900 calories a day. First job is to steady the ship, then to start making more precise changes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bar walking for half an hour to 2 hours per day I haven’t done anything else since 15 years ago when I was running junior football teams. For the last two Mondays I have been doing walking football at the local gym. I think every muscle in my body from the waist down has been stretched beyond belief and it’s taking three days to recover. Passing with the instep really isn’t a good idea.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This comment is to make you all feel better about yourselves.

I'm 63, and a fat bastard. (5ft 8 inches and 18 stone 10, with a BMI of 'let's not go there').

However, I'm beginning on a journey to gradually lose weight. I'm not setting any hard and fast targets, but embarking on a move to up the activity levels, with walking and cycling, moving onto a loose version of the Keto diet, cutting out the sauce/beer in the week, and most carbs. For me, the killer is the bread. So, it's all change from today.

Good luck to all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This comment is to make you all feel better about yourselves.

I'm 63, and a fat bastard. (5ft 8 inches and 18 stone 10, with a BMI of 'let's not go there').

However, I'm beginning on a journey to gradually lose weight. I'm not setting any hard and fast targets, but embarking on a move to up the activity levels, with walking and cycling, moving onto a loose version of the Keto diet, cutting out the sauce/beer in the week, and most carbs. For me, the killer is the bread. So, it's all change from today.

Good luck to all.
Good luck. Keep us updated. The early weeks of making a change can be the hardest, it can take a couple of weeks or so to bed in new habits.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bar walking for half an hour to 2 hours per day I haven’t done anything else since 15 years ago when I was running junior football teams. For the last two Mondays I have been doing walking football at the local gym. I think every muscle in my body from the waist down has been stretched beyond belief and it’s taking three days to recover. Passing with the instep really isn’t a good idea.
Keep it up, your body does adjust, and you’ll be fine after a few weeks. People don’t realise how energetic WF is!

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Continued home working has battered my weight loss aspirations. I have to actually go somewhere for work tomorrow. And none of my clothes fit. I've had to go and buy a new pair of trousers, bigger than any I have bought before. 4 to 6" beyond where they should be at. The lack of need to check oneself top to toe in mirror before going out everyday has led to me not really registering my growth until now, when I resemble a weeble. I am (sadly not literally) gutted. Time for a change

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Starting to get over my gout now. Slipped a bit eating wise but was solid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday so not gonna let it stop momentum.

Going to try to get out in the evenings for the odd 2-3km jog. Brutally hard after so long off it, cold dark wet nights when you just want to hibernate, but will be good for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Morning everyone.

Back on a fitness kick and will keep updating on here for accountability, and to hopefully encourage others.

Played 2 hours football on Saturday, the most exercise I've done in about a year or so. It was frankly depressing. For the 2nd hour my legs had gone, that meant my first touch was gone, which then makes it basically pointless.

Everything aches today but I quite like it, it reminds me of when I used to take care of myself a little more.

If anyone has had any stories of improving their fitness in the last year or two, please feel free to share it, how you achieved it etc. Find it motivational.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weight creep over 20 years took me to 16st,0 by April 2022. 13,8 my target weight. Despite that I’ve usually maintained some exercise and a base fitness to an extent.

With many weight ups and downs since, currently I’ve got about 1st to go.

Three things have benefitted my the most, imho:
1. Cut the carbs. My lunches are often a varied salad with a large omelette for example. For dinner having something different like a jacket potato, when we’ve made pasta and garlic bread for the family.
2. Cut evening snacking, it’s an unnecessary killer. This is the hardest habit to break for me.
3. I’ve changed 40 minute fitness bike rides into HIT instead. Cycling up steep hills near us, repeated several times, the downhill is the rest. This is a game changer, I’ve finally cracked weight loss. Far better than steady exercise. I go for brisk 5,000 step walks too, working some different muscles to cycling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here