Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Fight Club: Clinton v Trump - 2nd Presidential Debate - Where/When To Watch Live In UK

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Trump seems to have got away with saying Clinton could (/should?) be assassinated ..... but then he was in I'm just saying' mode a the time.

I'll probably watch until Trump's hero line of coke wears off. .....I don't know if it's true, but I'm hearing things, y'know, I'm just saying what I'm hearing, y'know?

So he is doing coke now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Er no .... it happened at 3.56 AM UK time.

I was 12 and remember setting my alarm clock for it. I couldn't believe that neither of my parents or sister wanted to get up and see it.

I'm not setting my alarm for Clinton/Trump

Neil Armstrong stepped on to the surface of the moon at 3:56 a.m. British time.

I wasn't talking about the first moon walk, but when the module actually landed was 10-10.30pm. The astronauts were ordered to rest, before stepping outside.
I can remember standing in the Naafi tv room with a hundred or so matelots and Wrens, listening to the words, 'The Eagle has landed', because we all cheered.

I watched the grainy footage of the moon walk at breakfast time in the Wren's tv room, which was a novelty as tv was only broadcast in the evenings in those days, but because it was so monumental, there was widespread coverage.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those without a vhs or betamax recording device Sky News will show it 'as live' and in full from 8 am. I expect this to have advert breaks but the original live at 2 am wont.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm watching on YouTube.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bill Clinton managed to keep his hands off Melania Trump, then. That's a good start.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very personal, lots of dirty laundry. No wonder many millions of American voters are so disillusioned with their choice of candidates.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Final question was what quality each candidate respected about the other. Clinton said she respected Trump's kids, ('I don't know if it was meant as such, but I'll take it as a compliment'). Trump said he respected that Clinton 'is a fighter, she doesn't give up'. A surprisingly dignified end to 90 minutes of intense hostility. They even shook hands.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

I missed the debate, but I just heard a small extract on Radio 5 Live, Clinton banging on about how Trump treats women, honestly is the best the Americans can get?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Remember the instant internet polls on who 'won' the debate will be 'Troll Polls' with no credibility.

The real polls come out in a few days.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Host to Hillary Clinton " Secretary Clinton does Mr Trump have the discipline to be a good leader?" Clinton "NO". Trump "I'm shocked to hear that". Laughter.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Host " We have a question from James Carter".

Shame I was expecting the Georgia peanut farmer to be in the audience.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've had MONTHS to digest that these two are the FINAL TWO candidates for president of the United States of America.

THE FINAL TWO.

They have over 325 million people and THIS is what they get served up with?

We have 60m and get put together a stage of 5 sensible people plus Nigel Farage (who looks frankly tame compared to this shambles).

I'm not a political nut. Frankly "left wing" this and "right wing" that really bore the crap out of me. But on a purely human level this is insane.

I read this morning that Trumps response to the video coming out was basically a school boy shouting "yeah...b...but her husbands done worse". Amazing.

Whenever someone wheels out the generic "americans are stupid" joke, I laugh but think "well, come on now, you can't base a country on it's minority of idiots". This presidential campaign isn't helping my argument.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I missed the debate, but I just heard a small extract on Radio 5 Live, Clinton banging on about how Trump treats women, honestly is the best the Americans can get?.

God knows how many rape accusations, currently try to avoid a case involving the rape of a 13 year old, release of Billy Bushes tape with the promise of more to come, the fact that he refers to his own daughter as "a piece of ass"".....I'd say his attitude to women on its own makes him unfit to be president.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here