Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I bet you were planning to include The School - that was what the 26 page "booklet" was about, I'll wager...???

Sprung.

Until I went and annoyingly drew you as recipient, my list included The School, The Field Mice, a Felt instrumental and of course 'It Happens'.

It all got ripped out and replaced with the Scandinavian stuff.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sprung.

Until I went and annoyingly drew you as recipient, my list included The School, The Field Mice, a Felt instrumental and of course 'It Happens'.

It all got ripped out and replaced with the Scandinavian stuff.

Enjoyed the Scandinavian stuff thanks. In the past 20 years, this has been a great place for indie and loungey music. Is there a load of Scandinavian music from the 80s that we've missed that's just as good? Apart from A-ha and ABBA...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Enjoyed the Scandinavian stuff thanks. In the past 20 years, this has been a great place for indie and loungey music. Is there a load of Scandinavian music from the 80s that we've missed that's just as good? Apart from A-ha and ABBA...

Possibly.
[MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] is the expert...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Postie's been for the last time this side of Christmas, but alas, no CD. I posted mine out on the 10th and the lack of a review suggests that it's either not arrived or was deemed unlistenable. Bah humbug etc etc.

Bah humbug indeed! That's a double let down.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I never received mine. Additionally, I posted mine out on 9th Dec, and haven't seen a review of it on here yet - I am assuming that the recipient has been so blown away by the quality, that they are taking the time to recover...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Gustavo – Mark Kozelek and Jimmy Lavelle.............. I think if I knew Mark Kozelek I’d be worried, as most of his friends and acquaintances seem to come to bad ends.

Love your work

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This seems to have stagnated. Seems there's a few reviews still waiting and a couple still waiting to receive.
Come on chaps, get with it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My review is on the way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've not got mine but then I have not been at home since 4am last Monday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This seems to have stagnated. Seems there's a few reviews still waiting and a couple still waiting to receive.
Come on chaps, get with it.

Xmas travels might play a part in this. Personally I have been away for the past 5 days.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Still not received mine.

Had a nightmare with a broken CD writer which meant I couldn't post my effort until just before Xmas so will probably be a bit delayed in the Christmas post.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Safe European Home – The Clash: Great opener, I probably need to give ‘Give Em Enough Rope more of a go, I know and love the albums either side of it.
One Foot In The Honky Tonk – Jason Ringenberg: I’m not a major fan of country but I quite liked this.
Some Kind of Hero - Wilko Johnson : Excellent country blues, for some reason I’ve never listened to Wilko or Dr. Feelgood, need to remedy that at some point.
Bloody – The Golinksi Brothers: I quite liked the naïve lyrics but they sounded like second wave punk Madness, just not very well executed.
Sinking Gondola – The Exclusives: Complemented the previous band excellently, appeared to be cut from the same cloth but just did everything a bit better.
Just Another Teenage Anthem – Secret Affair: Sounded a little like Buzzcocks to me, decent enough.
Twenty Flight Rock – Eddie Cochran: So Britain had our own Elvis? Absolutely outstanding track, I’ve just read about his tragically short life. I’ll definitely investigate this further.
There’s a Ghost In My House- R. Dean Taylor: The first couple of times I listened through this, I missed this song. It’s an absolute blinder, sounds like a Motown rock and roll band, which is what they were, I understand. I’ve just come to realisation that I know very little about music recorded pre-1965
One Fine Day – Chiffons : I had the feeling I’d heard this song before, very familiar. I’m a sucker for the Phil Spector sounding Girl Band stuff, this is an excellent example of that.
Back on The Radio – Hiss: I should have liked this but I could never lose a smell of inauthenticity around it’s retro rock template. Like a lobotomised Stooges.
Got Me Under Pressure – ZZ Top: Can’t really argue with this, well executed old fashioned bluesy rock.
Transmission – Joy Division: An absolute classic.
Up The Junction – Squeeze: Really, really good song. Squeeze are a band I’ve not paid enough attention to.
What a Wonderful World – Joey Ramone: Nahhhh…
She Bangs The Drums – Stone Roses: The Roses are a bit like Leeds for me. I know they were good and they are important but I just hate their fans (or at least 90% of them.) This means I find it hard to judge them without prejudice. This isn’t one of my faves by them regardless.
I Uesta Love Her – The Saw Doctors: Drinking music, I’d imagine these guys are a lot of fun live but I can’t shake of a vision of The Wurzels whilst I’m listening to this.
Boys Don’t Cry – The Cure: Like the Joy Division track one of my favourite tracks by one of my favourite bands.
Break On Through – The Doors: As per the Joy Division & Cure tracks
Gotta Get Some – The Fuzztones: Really like this, not heard them before, I’m a big fan of this garage rock sound. Reminded me a bit of The Brian Jonestown Massacre when they are ripping off Love.
Redemption Song – Bob Marley: One of those songs that has been ruined by pub/wedding band covers. Nice to hear the original again.
Ku Klux Clan – Steel Pulse: I tend to avoid British reggae like the plague, preferring the Jamacian stuff. Fair play, I really enjoyed this.
54-46 Was My Number – Toots and the Maytals: A classic “get out of jail free card” for any DJ.
I Has a Dream – The Long Ryders: I really liked this, they sound like a new wave country band, a bit like if Stephen Malkmus had been born in Nashville.
Drinking In My Summer Dress – Maria McKee: Definite country rock vibe to it. I like her - she sounds pretty unhinged.
I Wish I Knew How It Was To Be Free – Nina Simone: Fair play, when you’ve pulled out the big guns on this CD, you’ve got the song right. This is no different.

I have absolutely no idea who did my CD but I'd wager they are a good few years older than me. I suspect they were out seeing local bands a lot in the late 70's. A really good mix of stuff here, it appears we have plenty of crossover. Thanks for making the effort & apologies for the late review.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here