Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Husky Rescue on the one I did, too. Different song though. Second appearance in the lists for them, one behind Yo La Tengo and two behind the leaders - LOW.

I'm going to reiterate what someone noted a couple of days ago - there is some remarkably good taste being displayed all round, on these track lists.

Yo La Tengo are going to catch up

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'd never heard of 'Husky Rescue' ............... but then again I only had my first Scotch Egg with black pudding last week ........... So many new things to enjoy.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
fire at Yo La Tengo gig, 4 independent record shop workers feared dead.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
CorgiRegisteredFriend;60 83771 said:
Be prepared for an inevitable influx of Santas come 2014.

I was considering sending the same CD out next year, BUT by then:

1) I hope to have my external hard drive working
2) I will work out how to burn stuff that's not in the that particular folder
3) I just got the Matthew E White, Elvis Costello & The Roots, Throwing Muses and Robert Pollard albums

on the subject of 'Robert Pollard' I have no idea why I didn't put this song on the CD :(

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Apologies to my guy, will stick mine in the post sharpish or failing that deliver direct.

Album cover 2.JPG

Loved the spaceman cover and the Yin and Yang on the CD was a nice touch.

Seapoint - Nautical Day
Good opener with a steady beat and a nice vocal sample. Ran a shade too long though.

Pomo - So fine
Liked it

Pomo - Work it out
These two tracks complimented each other well. Of the two I preferred Work it out due to it's higher tempo.

Obey City - That Molly
Didn't really care for this one I'm afraid

Arnold - kkane
Great track

Color Plus - Plantain Friend
Forgettable

Color Plus - Don't change
As above, sounded confused with no real direction. Sorry Color Plus!

Tom & Jerry - Maximum Booty Style (Ticklish Remix)
Nice funky beat and smooth vocals on this one

Ticklish - Never Ever
I think this one could grow on me, upon first listening the high pitched vocals annoyed me but they're getting better with time

Traxman - I need some money
I was loving this till what sounded like a rhythmic wind-chime came in which slightly ruined this otherwise great track

Slick Shoota - Pussyclot Funk Dem 2013
Decent track

Addison Grove & Sam Binga - Rzor
Loved this one. Great build up and the bass sounded awesome

Clicks and Whistles - Super Sick Turtle
Good track, nice synths

Color Plus - Woah
Ah we meet again Color Plus...I didn't allow their previous two to cloud my judgement and gave this track a chance. The countless repetitions of the command "Bounce" failed to inspire though.

Busta Rhymes - Julio (Falcons Remix)
Had a strong urge to play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas when listening to this. That's a good thing, great track making even this History Student feel quite gangsta

Illingsworth - Gouty Lips Seq.
Dull song, very forgettable.

El. Train x Haan 808 - Moonlight
A good blend of high tempo sections and then more ambient parts. Rather abrupt ending.

Samuel Truth - Kakapo
Good rhythm to this one

Dom$olo - Brown Shuga Packets
Bit of a 'meh' track, decent but nothing really that interesting going on.

Overall I enjoyed the album. Not what I'd normally listen too at all but I think you may have me interested in hearing more, good work :) As for guessing the poster I haven't a clue I'm afraid!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm reviewing each song as I listen, lovely bit of Santa marauding down the wing as artwork.

Carol Button - Intro ...................... nice touch
McClusky - Garthe Brown Says .............. glorious, if I don't like anything else on this CD it's a great CD
Hefner - The Hymn For The Cigartettes .......... personally I get upset when women smoke in my bedroom.
The Phenominal Hanclap Band - 15to20 ....... not my kind of thing but I like it :) . I shall play this to people and they will think I am down with the kids. .............. Actually as it goes on I am thoroughly enjoying it .......... I shall put it on my CD for my sister ........ she'll love it.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - From The Sun ........... well, I listened to it 3 times before proceeding .......... one of the best things I've heard all year, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SANTA. If I hadn't already sent my CD out I would have put this on it.
The Lovely Eggs - Scooter's Got Itchy ........ Power Pop ......... smashing
KId Carpet - I don't want to fall in love ........... I'd like to pretend I don't like this, not what I would choose to listen to but I will play it in the pub as I know that it will go down well with everybody after a few beers.
Swell Maps - Another Song .......... yep :)
Husky Rescue - June ...... I bloody well love this and am in the process of aquiring more of their work. THANK YOU SANTA ..... WOW!!! ..................... actually, this is F***ing magnificent. THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Hannah Peel - Sugar Hiccup .......... I was wondering if this was going to be a Cocteau Twins cover .............. and it SPANKS IT!!!! THANK YOU. I am crying.
Cours Lapin - 1,2,3. ........... pretty, the future ex Mrs Pevenseagull will love this
Forest Fire - Fortune Teller .......... sounds like The Triffids (which is a VERY good thing) ........ might be my favourite one on the CD so far. ............................. yep 3 plays ......... this is the the business .............. THANK YOU x50, what a superb song.
Future Of The Left - Small Bones Small Bodies ........... Oh yes ......... big fan of Tad and Paw so well chuffed with this, I will inspect their back catalogue
The Flying Lizards - Sex Machine ........... Next time we have our cover version night in the pub this is geting played, oh yes
Caberet Voltaire - Nag Nag Nag ............ nothing wrong with this, but their are 200 songs by 'The Fall' that sound the same as this but are slightly better :)
Untold - Stereo Freeze .............. not what I normally listen to but quite excellent. A far superior take on The Prodigy's stuff. (I know nothing about this kind of music) Actually, as this goes on I am rather enjoying it ............ it's better than 'Wonder2' on the MBV album.
Low - Silent Night .......... 100th time I've listened to it ......... it is quite lovely though isn't it. A nice inclusion and juxtoposition to the previous. and it is truely lovely.
Vernon and Burns - Nottingham Co-operative Tape collection. Class ........... nice touch

All in all I feel like a massive winner

Thank you Santa

I'm getting a pint and putting this on again

I know this Santa too.....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think this is right . . . .

Recieved:
willyfantastic
Happypig (Rvd)
spring hall convert
tinycowboy (Rvd)
ees complicated, no?
Pevenseagull (Rvd)
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo (Rvd)
Hans Kraay Fan Club (Rvd)
Catfish (Rvd)
CorgiRegisteredFriend (Rvd)
Jamesandthegianthead (Rvd)
Mowgli37 (Rvd)

Yet to Recieve:
Flex Your Head
DavePage
Carrot Cruncher
Red star Portslade
Staly
Albumen
Mellotron
Frutos
Herr Tubthumper
Razzoo
Buzzer
Yorkshire-Seagull
seagully
TotallyFreaked

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey!, someone put Hannah Peels version of Sugar Hiccup up! I saw her perform this live on the roof at De La Warr Pavilion a few years ago. Achingly beautiful rendition!

Enjoying reading the reviews here as I'm interested to see what music people are listening to. Great to see everyone making a real success of this idea.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ooh, got a failed delivery slip from Royal Mail. Will pop down this afternoon and 'ave a look. Exciting!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Still quite a few yet to receive! The track listings so far have been real quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here