Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've received my CD but not had a chance to listen to it yet. A very nice cover of Ashley Barnes taking a penalty but his head has been replaced by a Christmas pudding.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Come on, those of you that have received a CD but not yet reviewed it (and those that haven't even sent it yet)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I'm hoping it doesn't really exist. Having a Christmas pudding for a head can only be a hindrance and we need him on Saturday.

(Un)fortunately it does exist.

2013-12-17 13.21.45.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
My review, bit of a mixed bag for me as some tracks I could see myself getting into and others that I didn't like at all (but that is part of the beauty of this kind of thing, discovering new music)

Atomium – Karl Bartos

Not really my cup of tea but there were parts of this I liked.

Paddle Forward – Yo La Tengo

I like this, will check out more of their stuff

Step – Vampire Weekend

Never been that familiar with Vampire Weekend beyond Oxford Comma, quite like this though so will try to check out more of their stuff

Gravity - Trentemoller featuring Jana Hunter

Another electronic track but I prefer this to the opening track on the CD but still not a massive fan.

Inter City 125 – James Holden

Another electronic track, not really my thing again.

Wheel on Fire – Houndstooth

Really liked this, nice rocky pop track, easy to listen to. Will certainly check out more of their stuff, favourite track on the CD.

Glacier – John Grant feat. Sinead O’Connor

Like this quite progressive, builds well to a nice ending.

Hungry Face – Mogwai

Didn’t really like this

Fragment Two – These New Puritans

Quite liked the intro, but again not really a fan of this

The Church Bellows – The Focus Group

Not sure what this was meant to be, 24 seconds of noise.

A Goblin – Broadcast

Sounds like the missus when she goes into one.

Problem Areas – Oneohtrix Point Never

Quite liked this, think it will be a grower.

Do you really wanna know Yr still in love with me – Joanna Gruesome

Really liked this, very catchy.

Don’t Talk, Just Kiss – The Wedding Present

Another track that I quite liked, thankfully nothing like the Right Said Fred song of the same name.

Dirty Boy – Cardiacs

Quite liked this, another grower I think.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
My review, bit of a mixed bag for me as some tracks I could see myself getting into and others that I didn't like at all (but that is part of the beauty of this kind of thing, discovering new music)

Atomium – Karl Bartos

Not really my cup of tea but there were parts of this I liked.

Paddle Forward – Yo La Tengo

I like this, will check out more of their stuff

Step – Vampire Weekend

Never been that familiar with Vampire Weekend beyond Oxford Comma, quite like this though so will try to check out more of their stuff

Gravity - Trentemoller featuring Jana Hunter

Another electronic track but I prefer this to the opening track on the CD but still not a massive fan.

Inter City 125 – James Holden

Another electronic track, not really my thing again.

Wheel on Fire – Houndstooth

Really liked this, nice rocky pop track, easy to listen to. Will certainly check out more of their stuff, favourite track on the CD.

Glacier – John Grant feat. Sinead O’Connor

Like this quite progressive, builds well to a nice ending.

Hungry Face – Mogwai

Didn’t really like this

Fragment Two – These New Puritans

Quite liked the intro, but again not really a fan of this

The Church Bellows – The Focus Group

Not sure what this was meant to be, 24 seconds of noise.

A Goblin – Broadcast

Sounds like the missus when she goes into one.

Problem Areas – Oneohtrix Point Never

Quite liked this, think it will be a grower.

Do you really wanna know Yr still in love with me – Joanna Gruesome

Really liked this, very catchy.

Don’t Talk, Just Kiss – The Wedding Present

Another track that I quite liked, thankfully nothing like the Right Said Fred song of the same name.

Dirty Boy – Cardiacs

Quite liked this, another grower I think.

Pretty sure I know who sent this.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
got home from work to find mine in the mailbox. the biggest news is the fact it's a DOUBLE ALBUM - there's a side Bridcutt, full of songs from 2013, and a side Ward, which has songs ranging from 1969-2012. There are a few on there that I already know (and love) but a LOT I haven't heard of, so excited to give this a listen over the next few days

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm reviewing each song as I listen, lovely bit of Santa marauding down the wing as artwork.

Carol Button - Intro ...................... nice touch
McClusky - Garthe Brown Says .............. glorious, if I don't like anything else on this CD it's a great CD
Hefner - The Hymn For The Cigartettes .......... personally I get upset when women smoke in my bedroom.
The Phenominal Hanclap Band - 15to20 ....... not my kind of thing but I like it :) . I shall play this to people and they will think I am down with the kids. .............. Actually as it goes on I am thoroughly enjoying it .......... I shall put it on my CD for my sister ........ she'll love it.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - From The Sun ........... well, I listened to it 3 times before proceeding .......... one of the best things I've heard all year, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SANTA. If I hadn't already sent my CD out I would have put this on it.
The Lovely Eggs - Scooter's Got Itchy ........ Power Pop ......... smashing
KId Carpet - I don't want to fall in love ........... I'd like to pretend I don't like this, not what I would choose to listen to but I will play it in the pub as I know that it will go down well with everybody after a few beers.
Swell Maps - Another Song .......... yep :)
Husky Rescue - June ...... I bloody well love this and am in the process of aquiring more of their work. THANK YOU SANTA ..... WOW!!! ..................... actually, this is F***ing magnificent. THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Hannah Peel - Sugar Hiccup .......... I was wondering if this was going to be a Cocteau Twins cover .............. and it SPANKS IT!!!! THANK YOU. I am crying.
Cours Lapin - 1,2,3. ........... pretty, the future ex Mrs Pevenseagull will love this
Forest Fire - Fortune Teller .......... sounds like The Triffids (which is a VERY good thing) ........ might be my favourite one on the CD so far. ............................. yep 3 plays ......... this is the the business .............. THANK YOU x50, what a superb song.
Future Of The Left - Small Bones Small Bodies ........... Oh yes ......... big fan of Tad and Paw so well chuffed with this, I will inspect their back catalogue
The Flying Lizards - Sex Machine ........... Next time we have our cover version night in the pub this is geting played, oh yes
Caberet Voltaire - Nag Nag Nag ............ nothing wrong with this, but their are 200 songs by 'The Fall' that sound the same as this but are slightly better :)
Untold - Stereo Freeze .............. not what I normally listen to but quite excellent. A far superior take on The Prodigy's stuff. (I know nothing about this kind of music) Actually, as this goes on I am rather enjoying it ............ it's better than 'Wonder2' on the MBV album.
Low - Silent Night .......... 100th time I've listened to it ......... it is quite lovely though isn't it. A nice inclusion and juxtoposition to the previous. and it is truely lovely.
Vernon and Burns - Nottingham Co-operative Tape collection. Class ........... nice touch

All in all I feel like a massive winner

Thank you Santa

I'm getting a pint and putting this on again

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Husky Rescue on the one I did, too. Different song though. Second appearance in the lists for them, one behind Yo La Tengo and two behind the leaders - LOW.

I'm going to reiterate what someone noted a couple of days ago - there is some remarkably good taste being displayed all round, on these track lists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here