Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However as you correctly point out my taste does tend to gravitate towards American blues/rock so that formed most of the collection.

Glad you liked Zoe - I saw her live recently and she blew me

:eek:

Was that some kind of O2 rewards thing?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Full review:

01. Mission of Burma, Nancy Reagan's Head (Jangly guitars good. Shouty delivery bad)
02. The Books, It never changes to stop (2 minutes of Felt-easque pretty instrumental, then some Americans started talking over it!)
03. Bark Psychosis, 400 winters (breathy vocals and a glockenspiel. Like)
04. Cardiacs, Victory Egg (Indie royalty, innit. But not for me)
05. Gene Clark, No other (like this - 'Doors-y')
06. Pram, Salt and Sand (hits the spot. Ethereal. Not going to google it and spoil the illusion, but I bet she is FIT)
07. Nick Drake, Hazeyjane I (lovely)
08. David Byrne and Brian Eno, Regiment (Not sure what this is about. A four minute intro to some other track?)
09. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, If fingers were xylophones (decent, obviously)
10. The Blue Aeroplanes, Oak Apple Clay (you're preaching to the converted on this one)
11. Robyn Hitchcock, Flesh Cartoons (really like this. shall investigate further)
12. Menomena, Wet and Rusting (again - good. I really ought to give American indie bands more attantion)
13. Low, Nightingale (love Low. A welcome inclusion, and a lovely choice)
14. Love, Seven and seven is (not for me)
15. The Soft Boys, Underwater moonlight (Of its time, but no worse for it. And what do you know, its the same chap Robyn Hithcock, from track 11)
16. Yo la Tengo, Shadows (winner. love a bit of shoegaze!)
17. Bert Jansch, Dreams of Love (like Woody Guthrie, but Scottish)
18. Dios, You'll get yours (will like this I think. Not had many proper listens, as wife skips it on with a tut, due to RUDE WORDS...)
19. Sonic Youth, Silver Rocket (Preaching to the converted, again, but no bad thing to be reminded)
20. Sun City Girls, Ben's Radio (wtf?)
21. Fleet Foxes, Someone you'd admire (good to end with something melodic. Fine choice)

This is a much better collection than I gave it credit for on the first skim through. And I really do need to widen my knowledge of US indie stuff.

thanks Razzo. You've done WELL :thumbsup:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And santas, don't be so quick to reveal yourselves unless the recipient has guessed you. If they're stumped, others may wish to guess.

Sorry - that only occurred to me after I posted :dunce:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have just got my final track listing sorted. Now need to work on the all important order at which it will play.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Full review:

01. Mission of Burma, Nancy Reagan's Head (Jangly guitars good. Shouty delivery bad)
02. The Books, It never changes to stop (2 minutes of Felt-easque pretty instrumental, then some Americans started talking over it!)
06. Pram, Salt and Sand (hits the spot. Ethereal. Not going to google it and spoil the illusion, but I bet she is FIT)
08. David Byrne and Brian Eno, Regiment (Not sure what this is about. A four minute intro to some other track?)
10. The Blue Aeroplanes, Oak Apple Clay (you're preaching to the converted on this one)
11. Robyn Hitchcock, Flesh Cartoons (really like this. shall investigate further)
12. Menomena, Wet and Rusting (again - good. I really ought to give American indie bands more attantion)
15. The Soft Boys, Underwater moonlight (Of its time, but no worse for it. And what do you know, its the same chap Robyn Hithcock, from track 11)
18. Dios, You'll get yours (will like this I think. Not had many proper listens, as wife skips it on with a tut, due to RUDE WORDS...)
19. Sonic Youth, Silver Rocket (Preaching to the converted, again, but no bad thing to be reminded)
21. Fleet Foxes, Someone you'd admire (good to end with something melodic. Fine choice)

This is a much better collection than I gave it credit for on the first skim through. And I really do need to widen my knowledge of US indie stuff.

I might as well just copy that, someone appears to have access to my record collection

good work

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Full review:

You are more than welcome HKFC, Robyn Hitchcock is indeed worth checking out, a very underrated performer. I am looking forward to my gift now.... (no rush)!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpgimage.jpg

Got this bad boy just as I was leaving for work. I've only heard about 4 of the bands listed, and don't think I've heard a single track on there, which is very exciting. Will give it a couple of playthroughs when I get a chance to give it my full attention. Love the album cover by the way, makes it very hard to narrow the suspect down...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 49410View attachment 49411

Got this bad boy just as I was leaving for work. I've only heard about 4 of the bands listed, and don't think I've heard a single track on there, which is very exciting. Will give it a couple of playthroughs when I get a chance to give it my full attention. Love the album cover by the way, makes it very hard to narrow the suspect down...

Ha. That is the artwork that I very nearly produced - but I changed my mind. Interesting playlist. Enjoy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The artwork to mine is brilliant. An Albion shirted Roger Mellie flicking me the V and Santa cheersing me on the back cover. I will be giving it a listen shortly.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
View attachment 49410View attachment 49411

I wouldn't have minded receiving this one myself- great list of tracks.. Quality Artwork too- I am obviously going to have to try harder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here