Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Albumen, I think you should post or PM YOUR address so that ONE of US may SURPRISE you with a CD of your own. Only seems fair for putting this all together. I hate to think of you cold and lonely without my Gary Barlow compilation this Christmas.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm working on my review and composition. Review is proving to be just as difficult to perfect.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm studying for an exam and haven't even thought about it yet :-(

You could always recycle one of your indie collections but that's assuming you don't have anyone who contributes to that particular thread. And you would get guessed pretty easily. Good luck with exam.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Ok here it is- the review of the cd sent to me last week. Firstly a thank you to whoever you are as I still am not totally sure- it's a real case of knowing who it definatley is not! Secondly- the songs are not the usual tracks I would listen to and my extremely poor knowledge of this type of music may leave the review rather bland in content.
The 'album' itself mainly adheres to the blues/rock genre and most artists are American. The opening track which is actually sung by British born Ian Seigal sets the tone and from then on in its songs that are predominantly heavy on electric guitar and some country influence in evidence. Good to see some Wlko Johnson in there and a rare (for this collection) female vocal by Zoe Schwarz which is most welcome towards the end of the album. She adds a bit of a jazz sound to preceding and is a particular highlight. It is very difficult to really assess the music as a whole because to a fan of this style of music you will clearly enjoy it. I personally found the cd best in small doses. Three or four tracks at a time in order to fully appreciate it. A bit more female vocal would be good but this is a minor flaw and my only real quibble. To summarise fans of blues will love it. I had to educate myself and its something I would not choose to listen to normally. I don't know if we are doing numerical ratings but for a fans of Joe Bonamassa/ Neil Young/ The Hamsters/ Van Morrison its probably a 9/10 However, for me its 5/10.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here's the artwork of the one I got.

image.jpg

My tastes, as those on the C86 thread will be well aware, are much to the softer end of indiepop. Some of the harsher tracks on here are going to need a few listens, for me to get them.

Favourites so far, are Nick Drake - Hazeyjane I, Robyn Hitchcock - Flesh Cartoons, and Fleet Foxes - Someone you'd admire.

My first stab at naming my Santa, is...... RAZZOO.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Ok here it is- the review of the cd sent to me last week. Firstly a thank you to whoever you are as I still am not totally sure- it's a real case of knowing who it definatley is not! Secondly- the songs are not the usual tracks I would listen to and my extremely poor knowledge of this type of music may leave the review rather bland in content.
The 'album' itself mainly adheres to the blues/rock genre and most artists are American. The opening track which is actually sung by British born Ian Seigal sets the tone and from then on in its songs that are predominantly heavy on electric guitar and some country influence in evidence. Good to see some Wlko Johnson in there and a rare (for this collection) female vocal by Zoe Schwarz which is most welcome towards the end of the album. She adds a bit of a jazz sound to preceding and is a particular highlight. It is very difficult to really assess the music as a whole because to a fan of this style of music you will clearly enjoy it. I personally found the cd best in small doses. Three or four tracks at a time in order to fully appreciate it. A bit more female vocal would be good but this is a minor flaw and my only real quibble. To summarise fans of blues will love it. I had to educate myself and its something I would not choose to listen to normally. I don't know if we are doing numerical ratings but for a fans of Joe Bonamassa/ Neil Young/ The Hamsters/ Van Morrison its probably a 9/10 However, for me its 5/10.

Twas me my friend- thanks for a very fair review. I did think the inclusion of a track by Wilko might give my identity away considering my avatar & I could quite happily have filled the cd with his material.
However as you correctly point out my taste does tend to gravitate towards American blues/rock so that formed most of the collection. Glad you liked Zoe - I saw her live recently and she blew me away.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Here's the artwork of the one I got.

View attachment 49370

My tastes, as those on the C86 thread will be well aware, are much to the softer end of indiepop. Some of the harsher tracks on here are going to need a few listens, for me to get them.

Favourites so far, are Nick Drake - Hazeyjane I, Robyn Hitchcock - Flesh Cartoons, and Fleet Foxes - Someone you'd admire.

My first stab at naming my Santa, is...... RAZZOO.

You got it right. I wasn't too sure of your taste. I did chuck in one or two bizzare and strange ones just to spice it up a wee bit. Anyway glad you appreciate at least parts of it. As for the artwork, a bit of a rush job, it's the music that counts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You got it right. I wasn't too sure of your taste. I did chuck in one or two bizzare and strange ones just to spice it up a wee bit. Anyway glad you appreciate at least parts of it. As for the artwork, a bit of a rush job, it's the music that counts.

There's plenty more I like - I'm just not familiar enough with them to remember their names yet. I'll post the track list later for everyone else.

Oh, and I never would have guessed it, but for the 'HG4' franking mark on the envelope!

The artwork is spot on. Who is the old bloke?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
There's plenty more I like - I'm just not familiar enough with them to remember their names yet. I'll post the track list later for everyone else.

Oh, and I never would have guessed it, but for the 'HG4' franking mark on the envelope!

The artwork is spot on. Who is the old bloke?
Yeah postmark was a bit of a clue. That is the author William Burroughs. I liked the image.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Twas me my friend- thanks for a very fair review. I did think the inclusion of a track by Wilko might give my identity away considering my avatar & I could quite happily have filled the cd with his material.
However as you correctly point out my taste does tend to gravitate towards American blues/rock so that formed most of the collection. Glad you liked Zoe - I saw her live recently and she blew me away.

Well thank you indeed- you clearly know your stuff! Cant beat seeing your favourite acts live and she does have a great voice. Now I had better get on with my effort....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It strikes me, that the TARDY Santas are gong to find it harder to remain un guessed - as by process of elimination, some names will be marked off already. Best get on with it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here