Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I may be approaching this in COMPLETELY the wrong manner, but personally, I intend to produce a thing of LOVELINESS. I'm far more concerned that my recipient enjoys the CD, than I am about preserving anonimity. I presume we'll all reveal ourselves (oo-er) eventually, anyway.

WRONG.

I sent mine yesterday from Hartlepool. It's mainly arcade fire b sides and some Phil Collins because he's the godfather of pop.

That should do it.

RIGHT. Err...wrong. Right-ish. Is that the Arcade Fire b-side with the trumpeter on lead vocals? I HATE that track. I lost all my respect for Phil when he stopped releasing AOR smash hits.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Can I join the list......I have plenty of good music to share....a bit late o know

Nope, too late I'm afraid. Look out for it next year.

Hey, you're all giving away information. Anyone receiving a CD this morning will know that it's not from you. Here are a few top tips:

1. Post the CD in a town or city far away from where you live - postmarks will give you away.
2. Log out before checking out the profile of your recipient - leave no trace.
3. Further to 2, log in and check out the profiles of others (who are NOT your recipient) to fox them when they see that YOU have visited their profile page. You will lure them into an INCORRECT assumption.
4. Do not include any song or band that you have EVER mentioned in a favourable light on NSC. This may mean that you can only include tracks that are kind of OK, but nothing special, but it's a price worth paying to prevent others guessing your identity.

Who says I'm not bluffing and it's not sent already? To think I set this all up without knowing how to throw someone off the scent is a little naive. ;)
Good tips though. And yes HKFC, the game is SECRET santa. The CD can be both brilliant and anonymous.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Hey, you're all giving away information. Anyone receiving a CD this morning will know that it's not from you. Here are a few top tips:

1. Post the CD in a town or city far away from where you live - postmarks will give you away.
2. Log out before checking out the profile of your recipient - leave no trace.
3. Further to 2, log in and check out the profiles of others (who are NOT your recipient) to fox them when they see that YOU have visited their profile page. You will lure them into an INCORRECT assumption.
4. Do not include any song or band that you have EVER mentioned in a favourable light on NSC. This may mean that you can only include tracks that are kind of OK, but nothing special, but it's a price worth paying to prevent others guessing your identity.

I am trying my upmost hardest not to give anything away- don't want anyone guessing. Did think about a covers only triple album but run out of material disc 2. Have now got a basic track list sorted which I am going to sleep on and review at the weekend. Have to say I am mightily pleased with it and may well be sending copies to friends and family too. Lucky them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've sent mine.

I sent it yesterday.

And am going to today.

And probably will next week. And the week after.

It will be both full of Steps songs, and have no Steps songs on it.

*that should do it*

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Who says I'm not bluffing and it's not sent already?

Who says I'm not double-bluffing with my tips and that I'm actually going to make/have already made a CD that is so obviously my work that it can't possibly be? This is an interesting exercise in the balancing of sublime music and subterfuge...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've taken off my location info from my profile to hopefully avoid the postmark giving it away!

Good idea....

(psst - your signature is still a link to the xxxx xxxxxxxx Seagulls...)

Last edited:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Quick, edit your post! I've removed it now!

This thread is like a soap opera - a good one though! What will happen next? Will there be tears as an ungrateful recipient savages their CD and the sender responds with insults? Share the joy as one happy recipient discovers three great new bands they'd never heard of. I'm hoping for lots of the latter. Plus a little bit of the former...

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
This thread is like a soap opera - a good one though! What will happen next? Will there be tears as an ungrateful recipient savages their CD and the sender responds with insults? Share the joy as one happy recipient discovers three great new bands they'd never heard of. I'm hoping for lots of the latter. Plus a little bit of the former...

Whoever gets mine will have 2 hours worth of ERASURE. If they give me a poor review, I'm gonna proper kick off.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Anyone who can't appreciate my John Cage 4'33 ten times over is going to be sorely disappointed...

That would depend on whether it was ten different performances or the same recording ten times, shirley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here