Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They're ace.

Judging by the length and diversity of the people on the 'Reflekor' thread I worry that for all of Albumen's stirling efforts this Secret Santa is going to turn out to be 20 plus people sending each other an Arcade Fire CD :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get that, I guess, which might add to the listener's interest. The reviews will be a bit odd to read for everyone else though, not having heard the track, or knowing what it is or who it's by!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's track lists.

This.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Judging by the length and diversity of the people on the 'Reflekor' thread I worry that for all of Albumen's stirling efforts this Secret Santa is going to turn out to be 20 plus people sending each other an Arcade Fire CD :lolol:

I guarantee an AF-free zone on my CD. I'm aiming for gems that are not entirely well known. Mostly. If I've got space at the end, I'll chuck on No Cars Go.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Right, that's the draw all done and sent. Let me know if you've not received a pm.

GGGGGGGGO!

Please let me know by pm if you encounter any difficulties, whether technical (i.e your burner blows up) or you lose the address etc.

I look forward to reading the reviews, my work is done.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
how exciting - i hate it when people push their music tastes on people and tell them they are giving them a 'lesson on good music' but unfortunately this is what i'm going to be doing

quagmire-head-bob-o.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed - time to start concentrating on this. Talking about the football is way too depressing.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Right, into this today. Wondering whether to check out my recipient's profile or to just wing it by thrusting a lorry load of AmAzEBaLLS at him.

Agreed - time to start concentrating on this. Talking about the football is way too depressing.

I've drawn up a provisional song list- currently 30 on there so need to work on trimming the fat today!

Hey, you're all giving away information. Anyone receiving a CD this morning will know that it's not from you. Here are a few top tips:

1. Post the CD in a town or city far away from where you live - postmarks will give you away.
2. Log out before checking out the profile of your recipient - leave no trace.
3. Further to 2, log in and check out the profiles of others (who are NOT your recipient) to fox them when they see that YOU have visited their profile page. You will lure them into an INCORRECT assumption.
4. Do not include any song or band that you have EVER mentioned in a favourable light on NSC. This may mean that you can only include tracks that are kind of OK, but nothing special, but it's a price worth paying to prevent others guessing your identity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hey, you're all giving away information. Anyone receiving a CD this morning will know that it's not from you. Here are a few top tips:

1. Post the CD in a town or city far away from where you live - postmarks will give you away.
2. Log out before checking out the profile of your recipient - leave no trace.
3. Further to 2, log in and check out the profiles of others (who are NOT your recipient) to fox them when they see that YOU have visited their profile page. You will lure them into an INCORRECT assumption.
4. Do not include any song or band that you have EVER mentioned in a favourable light on NSC. This may mean that you can only include tracks that are kind of OK, but nothing special, but it's a price worth paying to prevent others guessing your identity.

I may be approaching this in COMPLETELY the wrong manner, but personally, I intend to produce a thing of LOVELINESS. I'm far more concerned that my recipient enjoys the CD, than I am about preserving anonimity. I presume we'll all reveal ourselves (oo-er) eventually, anyway.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I sent mine yesterday from Hartlepool. It's mainly arcade fire b sides and some Phil Collins because he's the godfather of pop.

That should do it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: NSC Secret Santa CD 2013

(obviously you can carry on talking, just don't give anything away!)

Can I join the list......I have plenty of good music to share....a bit late o know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here