Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've not finished sending out the messages yet so no-one panic please.

There was a good question in one of my pms. Should santa include a track listing?
Personally I'd prefer not to have one until I've reviewed so I can review without prejudice. But I guess it's whether the santa would rather provide one.

in my case I don't think the tracklisting will make any difference :angel:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see no reason NOT to include the listing. I'm going to. The CD back cover would look bare without it. Mine will be a mixture of stuff that I'm sure the recipient will already know anyway, together with some bits I hope that he/she will like. If they DO like it, they'll want to know what it is, so they can perhaps investigate further?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I see no reason NOT to include the listing. I'm going to. The CD back cover would look bare without it. Mine will be a mixture of stuff that I'm sure the recipient will already know anyway, together with some bits I hope that he/she will like. If they DO like it, they'll want to know what it is, so they can perhaps investigate further?

If it's not provided, the track listing should follow by santa once recipient has reviewed and guessed the santa. Again, preference is with Santa. Most will probably provide it. I'm undecided.

The reason is you hear the track without prejudice. For example someone might put a b-side of Coldplay on mine, with a different band member vocal which I could actually like but if I'd read there's a Coldplay track on there I'd be pre-judging before listening. I know it's well anal but that's me. Even if I do receive a track list I may just not look at it until I've listened to it.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think I've got quite a lot in common musically with the person who'll be getting my CD so should be good fun picking out final tracks.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Are you going to set any rules about the review? I mean for example could I say "I received a cd full of Arcade Fire tracks, I listened to a couple but they were the kind of Sunday Supplement fake anthemic sub Waterboys bollox I was expecting so I gave up on the rest", or would you have to go like "Track 1 "built to a crescendo, annoying accordion, Track 2 bit quieter, annoying accordion, Track 3 a bit shouty, annoying accordion"? Innit?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Are you going to set any rules about the review? I mean for example could I say "I received a cd full of Arcade Fire tracks, I listened to a couple but they were the kind of Sunday Supplement fake anthemic sub Waterboys bollox I was expecting so I gave up on the rest", or would you have to go like "Track 1 "built to a crescendo, annoying accordion, Track 2 bit quieter, annoying accordion, Track 3 a bit shouty, annoying accordion"? Innit?

I was preferring more the latter, with maybe a photo of the artwork. Just say what you hear, and let your emotions flow. We don't need an essay but the more info the better doncha think?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'm confused - you ARE a fan of AF, or you AREN'T?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I was preferring more the latter, with maybe a photo of the artwork. Just say what you hear, and let your emotions flow. We don't need an essay but the more info the better doncha think?

Yes, I think you're right. If somebody makes the effort to do a cd you should listen to it all and do a decent review, especially if it seems to be lovingly crafted rather than chucked together.

I was going to say that first time but then I perceived an opportunity to have a go at Arcade Fire instead, so I took it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it's not provided, the track listing should follow by santa once recipient has reviewed and guessed the santa. Again, preference is with Santa. Most will probably provide it. I'm undecided.

The reason is you hear the track without prejudice. For example someone might put a b-side of Coldplay on mine, with a different band member vocal which I could actually like but if I'd read there's a Coldplay track on there I'd be pre-judging before listening. I know it's well anal but that's me. Even if I do receive a track list I may just not look at it until I've listened to it.

I get that, I guess, which might add to the listener's interest. The reviews will be a bit odd to read for everyone else though, not having heard the track, or knowing what it is or who it's by!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's track lists.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm just going to put a URL on mine, then the recipient can look it up if they want, or let it be a surprise (that's if I get given a recipient)

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Yes, I think you're right. If somebody makes the effort to do a cd you should listen to it all and do a decent review, especially if it seems to be lovingly crafted rather than chucked together.

I was going to say that first time but then I perceived an opportunity to have a go at Arcade Fire instead, so I took it.

Message for whoever draws Staly: buy a tin helmet; develop a thick skin.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hey, last time I did one of these I gave a scrupulously fair and generous review to the cd of middle of the road old man's aor that I received, only to get an absolute savaging in return for my own lovingly crafted pure pop delight. Can't remember it all, but the gist was that the recipient thought that I must be somehow mentally retarded to voluntarily listen to what was quite clearly noise rather than music, and that obviously I was just pretending to like this stuff in order to be cool, and I should grow up.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hey, last time I did one of these I gave a scrupulously fair and generous review to the cd of middle of the road old man's aor that I received, only to get an absolute savaging in return for my own lovingly crafted pure pop delight. Can't remember it all, but the gist was that the recipient thought that I must be somehow mentally retarded to voluntarily listen to what was quite clearly noise rather than music, and that obviously I was just pretending to like this stuff in order to be cool, and I should grow up.

The question is, what he right? Let the games commence, all's fair in love and NSCCDSS.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm toying with the idea of a concept type album whereby all the songs adhere to a common theme. It's a toss up between HEARTBREAK, LONELINESS and DESPAIR or CHEERFUL XMAS CLASSICS...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm toying with the idea of a concept type album whereby all the songs adhere to a common theme. It's a toss up between HEARTBREAK, LONELINESS and DESPAIR or CHEERFUL XMAS CLASSICS...

Do a double album.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here