Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Bikers Thread - 2015

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
As a matter of interest how did you find the MT07? I'm thinking of getting one, it's had amazing reviews and I was surprised you prefer the KTM?

The MT07 is an amazing bike and I'd get another one today if I had a spare £5k laying around.
It's extremely torquey, really predictable and smooth throttle, very light for that size bike, they look lovely, bullet-proof brand, smooth gear-changes plus all the rest.
There's genuinely not one negative I could tell you about the MT07.

The only reason I prefer the KTM is purely asthetics. I've been orange blooded since I was about 15 on dirt bikes so I'll always be biased to KTM's.
If I had £5k to buy a second bike, I'd re-buy my red MT07.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I should add to the above.
My next bike will either be a KTM Duke 690 or a new MT07.
I've test-ridden the MT09, and even though it looks great and the extra power is tempting, it's a pretty horrible ride. MT07 over the MT09 every time.

Up for a ride-out any time.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
If it features Bury Hill (twice!) and the Whiteways Café I could be persuaded. In fact most Seagulls' territory has fab biking roads. Dammit, my hat's in the ring.

That area works for me as I live in Littlehampton! My bikes off the road currently as its running on three cylinders but I've got it booked in for servicing/repair at the end of the month so I'll be out again during July. I'm up for a ride somewhere if others are keen?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Since my last post, she's had a tail tidy, orange levers, de-stickered, K&N air filter and GPR exhaust which makes her sounds just damn angry all the time. I LOVE IT!
The seats are decent, I've not got a sore arse yet and I think they look pretty nice.

Excuse the bird droppings, she's filthy and needs a good clean soon.

6977d1432747182-my-daisy-mae-bike-3.jpg

11060888_10153351326988896_2934974424029071275_n.jpg

IMG_20150530_204555254.jpg

Love the pipe, may I ask how much?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Love the pipe, may I ask how much?

I ordered the 'Furore Nero' for £259.00 and the owner of the company got in touch and said there was a 4 week wait, so I could either wait, or he offered me the 'GPE Titanium' at no extra cost (£359.00 on the site) which I accepted.

It sounds immense compared to the stock exhaust.
I run it without the baffle so it's probably a bit tamer with it paced in there.

GPR Exhausts

Edit: Let me know if you ever decide to fit the pipe yourself, it's a real crap job and there's a couple of tips that might save you an hour or two!

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
I have just had my 98 fireblade serviced (burnt orange colour) and I also ride a black FZ1....love both bikes. The Blade is just as it rolled out the factory......completely unmolested

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I ordered the 'Furore Nero' for £259.00 and the owner of the company got in touch and said there was a 4 week wait, so I could either wait, or he offered me the 'GPE Titanium' at no extra cost (£359.00 on the site) which I accepted.

It sounds immense compared to the stock exhaust.
I run it without the baffle so it's probably a bit tamer with it paced in there.

GPR Exhausts

Edit: Let me know if you ever decide to fit the pipe yourself, it's a real crap job and there's a couple of tips that might save you an hour or two!

Thanks for that, I may well be back in touch when I've saved enough pennies, any change in the performance with the new pipe?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Thanks for that, I may well be back in touch when I've saved enough pennies, any change in the performance with the new pipe?

No problem.

The 390 can only get an extra 4hp at absolute max.
That's with the Akrapovic exhaust and Akrapovic map from the dealers.

I'll get the Akra map on mine which will likely give me an extra 2hp but I highly doubt I'll be able to feel any difference with this alone.

The real winning combination to get the most power out of this bike is:
  1. Replace standard exhaust - saving approx 4kg - giving you slightly better power (with the remap) and a much better sound.
  2. Replace rear sprocket (and chain) with a 47 Tooth - saving 1.2kg - giving you much quicker pull (easier power wheelies!)
  3. Akrapovic remap at P&H - gives much better fueling, better MPG, smoother low mid range and better pull in 6th gear. Not to mention a couple of horses unlocked.

So the 5kg+ saving plus the higher tooth sprocket and remap will transform a fairly mean naked streetfighter into a snarling, bloodthirsty beast of a hooligan bike that's hard to keep the front wheel down.

:D

Dec 29, 2011
Any advice on selling a bike? I've posted on Gumtree and Friday Ad, can't seem to find anywhere else to advertise it. Any tips from those who have done it before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here