• Spoiling Ballot Paper

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Amazing how because a lot of the media are championing Ukip (headlines about immigration and farage on bbc everyday ffs) people are brainwashed .

Regardless of what you think of UKIP, I struggle to think that all the stories implying UKIP are racist and loons is the media "championing" the party.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sums up the british electorate (and NSC) when the biggest number of voters are voting for a party that can't implement it's one major policy in the elections for which they are standing :dunce:

Of course, it's a protest vote innit :dunce::dunce::tosser:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sums up the british electorate (and NSC) when the biggest number of voters are voting for a party that can't implement it's one major policy in the elections for which they are standing :dunce:

Of course, it's a protest vote innit :dunce::dunce::tosser:

To me it actually sums up how little the three main parties have listened to the electorate over the last 20 or so years. Rather than damning the voters damn Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It would be very revealing if the votes cast above reach two to three hundred. It also confirms my belief that NSC is an excellent representation of general public opinion (as opposed to a few comments columns in various media). If there is an increase in the polling above I'll forward the link to some friends of mine in local politics (I know people in all the major parties except the Liberal Democrats). I'm sure the results and subsequent comments will be of great interest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To me it actually sums up how little the three main parties have listened to the electorate over the last 20 or so years. Rather than damning the voters damn Labour, Tories and Lib Dems.

So what do you want your UKIP MEP to do when they get in ? (apart from take the salary and expenses of course)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So what do you want your UKIP MEP to do when they get in ? (apart from take the salary and expenses of course)

I want them to vote against any proposed law that would be to the detriment of the UK - regardless of that law possibly being to the advantage of all the other members.

And may be vote against, as they did, the daft ideas that come out of the Commission like the proposals around olive oil that were thrown out that would have outlawed dipping bowls in restaurants.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I will probably end up voting labour as the others really have a different view of the world to me

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I want them to vote against any proposed law that would be to the detriment of the UK - regardless of that law possibly being to the advantage of all the other members.

And may be vote against, as they did, the daft ideas that come out of the Commission like the proposals around olive oil that were thrown out that would have outlawed dipping bowls in restaurants.

Then I think that maybe you should look up the attendance and voting records of the current MEPs of all parties

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
looking at the current standing of this poll I am seriously considering retiring from NSC

I mean

......................really?

UKIP?

................ really???

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'd rather vote Tory than UKIP

and I hate the Tory party nearly as much as Ed Balls does

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Much debate has been had on the merits of the parties involved.
I missed it. I was watching the footy.

Who will YOU be voting for, if at all, next week.
I will vote. No idea who for though. Could you talk me through options please?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll probably vote BNP, it has no more actual effect than spoiling your ballet paper but with the added bonus that scores upon scores of handwringers get very upset about it. I would obviously never vote for them if there was a chance of them getting in to anything meaningful.
I like it. I'm going to do the same. I think we should all do it, safe in the knowledge that they're not allowed to actually win.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Then I think that maybe you should look up the attendance and voting records of the current MEPs of all parties

UKIP = approx 70%
Tory = approx 78%

UK as a whole = 6th worst attendance voting record of all 26 member states. I don't think you can blame that entirely on UKIP.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shan't be voting as it's a complete and utter waste of time. The whole thing is just a glorified (and very expensive) talking shop where they can't even choose their own issues; it's just there to try and give a democratic figleaf to a corrupt system.

Good luck to all the non-federalist parties next week - not that it'll make a fart of difference if they win seats or not.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
UKIP = approx 70%
Tory = approx 78%

UK as a whole = 6th worst attendance voting record of all 26 member states. I don't think you can blame that entirely on UKIP.

Missed point.

Look up and find an MEP who works hard to improve the UKs lot in the EU. You seem to think I am pro Europe, when in fact i have a whole raft of things i think are wrong in Europe. Unlike some others though, i don't think throwing my toys out of the pram is the way to solve it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I like it. I'm going to do the same. I think we should all do it, safe in the knowledge that they're not allowed to actually win.

Just remember this is PR and every vote is worth much more than in the first past the post elections.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

On a turnout below 30% no one should be winning anything.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interesting if the results of this poll reflect the national picture come Friday morning. In fact, complete carnage among the established parties and the sound of draft manifestos for next year's General Election being ripped up.

I reckon the Green vote is overstated on here in terms of the national picture but UKIP look to be on the verge of an historic result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here