Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC Adverts

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have never objected to adverts on site and understand why they are there. However 21 naughty wedding photos is a bit down market

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have never objected to adverts on site and understand why they are there. However 21 naughty wedding photos is a bit down market
I only seem to get cheap Chinese clothes ads - fancy swapping ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I keep getting ads for a Welsh bookies (in Welsh!). That's what I get for asking questions about gambling

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ads seem to have gone bonkers. All I'm getting now are adverts for perfume, makeup and women's underwear. I know that ads should reflect browsing habits but I really haven't gone trans - I've never looked at sites for perfume or women's underwear in my life

I

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ads seem to have gone bonkers. All I'm getting now are adverts for perfume, makeup and women's underwear. I know that ads should reflect browsing habits but I really haven't gone trans - I've never looked at sites for perfume or women's underwear in my life

I
You've always seemed to be someone who gets weird and wonderful ads.

Overall across NSC, the ads served to people are...

80% personalised, ie based on your previous browsing, sites visited and searches made
11% contextual, ie relevant to the on-page content
5% random, either the ad networks don't know enough about you, or aren't interested in showing a relevant ad to you
4% placement, ie advertisers specifically wanting their ad to appear on NSC

Sounds like you're mainly getting ads in that 5% for whatever reason.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You've always seemed to be someone who gets weird and wonderful ads.

Overall across NSC, the ads served to people are...

80% personalised, ie based on your previous browsing, sites visited and searches made
11% contextual, ie relevant to the on-page content
5% random, either the ad networks don't know enough about you, or aren't interested in showing a relevant ad to you
4% placement, ie advertisers specifically wanting their ad to appear on NSC

Sounds like you're mainly getting ads in that 5% for whatever reason.
That's interesting. I wondered whether it was because ads were being served to me because they were picking up on wife's browsing - even though we use different computers.

But it's certainly true that I get the weirdest ads: like the month of car companies and motor insurance, and the large numbers of ads that I've had in German, Italian, Turkish and various oriental languages (I accept that the ads in French and Welsh may have been a result of my browsing though :lolol: )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Here's the advert I'm currently getting...

Screenshot_20231022_120525_Chrome.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not sure what’s going on with the NSC algorithms but I’m currently being served an ad for a 28 day work out challenge featuring a picture of @Easy 10 ???

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpeg
    IMG_4275.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Listerine donkey doing my nut in…

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here