[Other Sport] NSC 6 Nations 2022 Competition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here are the standings after the England 23:19 Wales match:

sixnations08.png

Congratulations to [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] (second time) who was the only one with a correct prediction.

The following players received a further 25 point penalty: [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=13833]Mr Smggles[/MENTION]

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Sorry Mr Bear let's try regaining some of my punishment with a Ireland by 43 please

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Here are the standings after the England 23:19 Wales match:

View attachment 145521

Congratulations to [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] (second time) who was the only one with a correct prediction.

The following players received a further 25 point penalty: [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=13833]Mr Smggles[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] how do you feel about us being equal in a prediction competition about cricket or rugby? Must be a little humiliating...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] how do you feel about us being equal in a prediction competition about cricket or rugby? Must be a little humiliating...

I would never enter a cricket competition, I have no interest in it :shrug:

As for the rugby, I am blaming my over enthusiasm for England, that has been my downfall. Bit like the Albion prediction thread. I have voted 3-1 for every game…I am yet to score a point :smile:

Humiliating though? Nah

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Here are the standings after the Ireland 57:6 Italy match:

sixnations09.png

No one considered a thrashing this high but [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] was the closest by being 8 points away.

The fourth round of fixtures are in two weeks time and there is a Friday evening match:

11th & 12th March

Wales v France, Friday 20:00
Italy v Scotland, Saturday 14:15
England v Ireland, Saturday 16:45

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
France by 10
Scotland by 10
England by 10

Wales v France, Friday 20:00
Italy v Scotland, Saturday 14:15
England v Ireland, Saturday 16:45

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Blimey, Italy shouldn't be in this tournament should they?

They are outclassed but having been to the Italy v England match where they did compete but for some reason chose to kick several penalties to the corner than go for points, the score would have been very different.

Today, they had a sub hooker red carded which meant that as they couldn't field another hooker, they had uncontested scrums.
Apparently, for some bizarre reason, that meant they had to lose another player.
So from 20 minutes it was 13v 15.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
France by 16
Scotland by 19
England by 8

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Blimey, Italy shouldn't be in this tournament should they?

You obviously didn't see the game, for the 1st 20 minutes i thought Italy were proving to be stubborn opposition and were well in the game and then the red card changed things

Bizarrely the rules led to Italy losing 2 players for a red card and not 1, they also had to put a slower front row player on and take off a quicker back, so leaving more space for Ireland to exploit, despite uncontested scrums

Ireland had a massive unfair advantage as a result and any scrum near the Italy 22 basically meant a try each time as they had so much space to operate in and no way Italian players would be able to cover it. (and some complain about bad rules in football and how rugby get it right)

To put it in a football context, it would be like Dunk getting his red card against Man U, our having to take off our other central defender and not being able to replace either and play with 9.

A late yellow card didn't help as Ireland got a couple of tries after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports