Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now we know it's American Express....

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Does everyone think they'll be our new kit sponsors aswell once IT First expires at the end of this year?

Hope we have a wicked debut kit for Falmer now as think they would look much better on the front of our shirt than the current horror :thumbsup:

Go on you paint stars knock up a few pics of what our kit could look like and enjoy yourselves

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I think it was uncle dick who designed the ITS logo.

It was completely different. I'd be happy with ITS and maybe one of our NSC designers could knock up a better logo. Im sure they can.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought IT 1st were going to be the shirt sponsor for the first season at Falmer.

Also, why are people getting so excited about an American firm, surely a UK, English, Sussex or Brighton firm would be the minimum requirement? What next, we have 4 quarters in a match, change it to BHASC? Or worse, The "Brighton Dolphins".

I have to say, I am quite disappointed with American Express being announced, but I guess, if they cough the money, and others wouldn't/couldn't, then I guess it is better than Virgin

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought IT 1st were going to be the shirt sponsor for the first season at Falmer.

Also, why are people getting so excited about an American firm, surely a UK, English, Sussex or Brighton firm would be the minimum requirement? What next, we have 4 quarters in a match, change it to BHASC? Or worse, The "Brighton Dolphins".

I have to say, I am quite disappointed with American Express being announced, but I guess, if they cough the money, and others wouldn't/couldn't, then I guess it is better than Virgin

I don't see how you can be disappointed with a world-wide brand and local connections, I think it's beyond what we could have hoped for.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's just they are a huge multi national conglomerate, in the finance industry. Remember, the industry that caused the global financial meltdown and contributed to the situation we all find ourselves in. Just because they have a local presence, does this now exonerate just them, or the entire finance and banking industry?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
How ironic! to go from Skint when we had no home to Amex and the nicest stadium in the country

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I for one would be quite happy if we were called the Brighton Dolphins, much better than those flying rats!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
It's just they are a huge multi national conglomerate, in the finance industry. Remember, the industry that caused the global financial meltdown and contributed to the situation we all find ourselves in. Just because they have a local presence, does this now exonerate just them, or the entire finance and banking industry?
I don't think you can expect them to take responsibility for the whole sector; after all, they're not Goldman Sachs, are they?

Strange thing: although they've got "American" in their name, the brand itself is truly global, with connotations worldwide of luxury, and quality. And yet, they are also a major local company. Perfect.

This kind of deal takes the Albion way beyond pathetic whinges about prawn sandwich brigades. In terms of brand power, Amex reduces Emirates to some shabby Middle Eastern corporate wannabe.

Of all possible stadium sponsorship outcomes, this is surely the best. It's hard to think of another that could more powerfully kick off the Albion's amazing new era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here