Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now we don't love Charlton anymore?

albionite

May 20, 2009
We were in the same position as Charlton this time last season but I don't recall any of the blatant cheating or blatant time-wasting and petulance we got yesterday. They look like a proud club who have lost their way, big time.

Pretty much this, don't remember Brighton ever time wasting from 10th minute.

but we have been guilty of going down easy and rolling around under Poyet:whistle:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope. Pathetic away support historically as in numbers.
Offering 50k for John Robinson after getting 5m for Rob Lee knowiwg at the time tribunals favoured the buying club and we really needed the money.
Putting posters outside Btn station advertising FREE coaches and Prem League footy when we were at Gillingham.

So remind me. Why should we like them? Even Palace never stooped so low.

We were in the same position as Charlton this time last season but I don't recall any of the blatant cheating or blatant time-wasting and petulance we got yesterday. They look like a proud club who have lost their way, big time.

Wasn't that long ago we tried to battered some Bournemouth fans on live tv in the name of protest against the board!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWz3JXarVqQ

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Well, I still like Charlton - the fans, anyway. Their fans created the template for organised fan protest and when we developed it and took it further they were our biggest supporters, at least in terms of numbers. The Valley is a nice relaxed away trip, albeit short of pubs in the immediate vicinity. Players cheating and time-wasting, clubs looking to expand their supporter base, well, that's football, isn't it. For me, whatever the reality is nowadays, overpaid players, tv money, foreign plutocrat owners, at the heart and sould of every football club is its fans.

Plus, we have had some great days out there. Poskett hat-trick under Mullery, that great win early under Poyet when Calde scored, even the smash and grab 1-0 win earlier this year when we really needed the points.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Talking of protests, did Charlton have their protest thing or was the 2nd half it ?

Feb 14, 2010
Well, I still like Charlton - the fans, anyway. Their fans created the template for organised fan protest and when we developed it and took it further they were our biggest supporters, at least in terms of numbers. The Valley is a nice relaxed away trip, albeit short of pubs in the immediate vicinity. Players cheating and time-wasting, clubs looking to expand their supporter base, well, that's football, isn't it. For me, whatever the reality is nowadays, overpaid players, tv money, foreign plutocrat owners, at the heart and sould of every football club is its fans.

Plus, we have had some great days out there. Poskett hat-trick under Mullery, that great win early under Poyet when Calde scored, even the smash and grab 1-0 win earlier this year when we really needed the points.

Nothing against Charlton and as I watched us play them at both Upton Park and The Valley I always respected them and remember the Valley Party win their return to The Valley. They also are a proper London club, not a London want to be club like Palace or Watford. Historically they have been a proper big club with 70,000 crowds. Just shows how even the big clubs change. As for our civil war, well it wasn't just Charlton who turned up to fans united. What was most surprising was clubs from all over the country, including proper Man United fans, Villa fans, Wolves brought a crowd, just all over. Even a truce was called and a few Palace and Pompey turned up which despite the p!ss taking, is respect to both of them for their fans at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here