Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the dust has settled on an amazing season

How gutted are you that we didn't get promoted

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted. We really have to get promoted next season as the team that finishes bottom of the Prem next year gets 100m quid. That's about four times our total turnover in prize money (if you can call it that) alone. We don't want to have to compete with teams with that type of financial clout, it'll make the parachute payments look puny. After a few seasons with that type of financial imbalance it'll become a closed shop of mid-ranking clubs shuttling between the top two divisions with the rest of us locked out as surely as if it were a separate league. This year was our big chance and we didn't take it; now we've got to repeat the feat just to be in with another chance.

Someone tell me I'm being too pessemistic ... please.

You have a point but from this fan's perspective it's about enjoying the fare on offer. I fecking loved last season and expect the next one to be even better. If that little bubble gets pricked I'll no doubt go back to be a pessmistic doom monger to rival Zebedee :smile:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Not gutted personally as I think the Championship is an excellent division... But promotion opportunities don't come around every season and we are losing a lot of cash so we have to take one of them relatively soon...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Really excited about next season, will we have a better/worse squad, 3 new grounds to visit, you just never know.......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1464973416149.jpg

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I'm absolutely fine until I actually think about how close we were, I just feel completely gutted then.

This.

I think we would have survived comfortably in the Prem next season as Tony Bloom would have invested appropriately to ensure we stayed there. We will be a stronger side next season compared to last as the players and the manager will be absolutely determined to ensure we do not repeat last season's disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here