Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Now Superfibre

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Posted on here for advice previously - it went live today. Moved from BT (£64 a month- unlimited calls, broadband fastest available for area) to exactly the same for via Now (Sky) for £20 a month - one year contract. £44 a month saving not to be sniffed at...

Not a good start though, they only went and gave the wrong bloody WPA password/key/thing on the router and paperwork. How incompetent is that?!

I logged into the router settings and changed it as luckily I have an ethernet cable and an old laptop handy but for many people "change over" day would've been a nightmare.

How can big business **** up stuff like this? It's the classic "you have one job". A quick Google reveals hundreds of people in exactly the same situation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a shame you got screwed over

My recent signing up to BT was perfect.
It was the template for how this shite should be handled.
Absolutely everything happened when they said it would from delivery to engineer, and the BB has been faultless since.

Got to wonder what their completion rate is as I doubt it's 50/50. :lol:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We have a Fibre (fibber) telegraph pole outside our house but apparently it's not connected to anything as we (Wales) ran out of money :wozza: I won't even ask what SUPER Fibre does..............

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
We have a Fibre (fibber) telegraph pole outside our house but apparently it's not connected to anything as we (Wales) ran out of money :wozza: I won't even ask what SUPER Fibre does..............

Super Fibre is great for keeping you regular. Think of Bran Flakes but ten times more effective.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Slightly off subject, as always with me.
I have Sky+ box and the download speed is very very slow. I can watch an UHD programme on my TV on BBC iplayer/Netflix/Amazon and it plays as I watch it with no problems. But downloading any HD show on to my Sky+ box takes forever. Generally find something to watch but have to wait an hour or so. Fibre speed is good and TV on wifi but Sky+ on ethernet as wifi slower.
Is this just Sky telling me to get a Q box?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here