Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Now, it's our turn

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it a generalisation to suggest that Northern club’s fans and other clubs in traditionally ‘working class‘ areas (like Millwall!) seem to produce a much better vocal support on match days than us Sussex-by-the-Sea folk? I sometimes wonder whether it’s because in areas of historical social deprivation, the local populace’s passion for football was because it was the one ‘escape’ (other than church) in otherwise extreme hardship and often tragic lives. So maybe we should check our white privilege and start making more bloody noise at home games! 😉

Or not …🤷‍♂️
Everyone knows that Brighton isn't a proper footballing town.

And who wants to listen to constant shouting for 90 minutes? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always difficult when surrounded by oppo fans, which will happen Saturday for me. Don't worry though, ongoing interactions with supporter services.
Where do you stand? This shouldn't be happening.

I'd like to see them all bunged out.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
None but the biggest curmudgeon would argue that Albion are performing on the pitch.

Now, it's our turn.

Can we try and replicate the non stop support and noise that we generated in the Chelsea game when Liverpool visit next week?

We can do it. We know it makes a difference. Can the Amex crowd step up to the levels of this glorious team we are watching? Yes we bloody can. Seagulls!!
Doubt it. Depends what happens I suppose, if we let in an early goal then it’ll be silent like it was vs Arsenal. It does irk me a little that, as far as I’m concerned, if you’re in the North, then you sing, if you’re unable then you make some noise however you can…

You call out those intent on making the atmosphere sound like a library… and you get told to f*** off…

Been in F Block Row W since the Amex opened.. and it does my head in that we cant chant/sing in unison, we go insanely fast… the tempo is like Speedy Gonzales on Chan. It feels like we’re too embarrassed to actually sing and we just want it over and done with…

Yes, a little rant here, but would be nice to be proved wrong on Saturday…

3pm Sat afternoon vs Liverpool?

I’ll be embarrassed if we, in the North, perform the way we did on NYE.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Where do you stand? This shouldn't be happening.

I'd like to see them all bunged out.
East Upper. Complained to supporter services about oppo fans next to me. They said the Arsenal fans there had purchased before for games this season and not STH buying for fiends. I stated neither had ever been to the Amex before thus must be a tout selling on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
East Upper. Complained to supporter services about oppo fans next to me. They said the Arsenal fans there had purchased before for games this season and not STH buying for fiends. I stated neither had ever been to the Amex before thus must be a tout selling on.
That's not great. I suppose that pointing the nobs out to a steward during the game is not ideal since , if they do nothing (quite likely), then you'll get grief from the nobs....

We don't get any of this tomfoolery in west upper, and on the odd occasion when some twerp does out himself, a baying crowd is triggered and stewards do the necessary (empowered by the home crowd). Has happened maybe 5 times in 10 years to my recollection....

All the best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely defenestrated, Harry?
If bunged out was good enough for Rik Mayall (first episode of Bottom) its good enough for me :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here