Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Now, it's our turn

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
None but the biggest curmudgeon would argue that Albion are performing on the pitch.

Now, it's our turn.

Can we try and replicate the non stop support and noise that we generated in the Chelsea game when Liverpool visit next week?

We can do it. We know it makes a difference. Can the Amex crowd step up to the levels of this glorious team we are watching? Yes we bloody can. Seagulls!!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school.
Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time.
Their time! Up there!
Down here, it's our time.
It's our time down here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school.
Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time.
Their time! Up there!
Down here, it's our time.
It's our time down here.
Do the Truffle Shuffle!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We can do it. We know it makes a difference. Can the Amex crowd step up to the levels of this glorious team we are watching? Yes we bloody can. Seagulls!!
Is it a generalisation to suggest that Northern club’s fans and other clubs in traditionally ‘working class‘ areas (like Millwall!) seem to produce a much better vocal support on match days than us Sussex-by-the-Sea folk? I sometimes wonder whether it’s because in areas of historical social deprivation, the local populace’s passion for football was because it was the one ‘escape’ (other than church) in otherwise extreme hardship and often tragic lives. So maybe we should check our white privilege and start making more bloody noise at home games! 😂

Or not …🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I generally agree. But Chelsea was hostile from the outset. It can come from the stands first.
That didn't come from us first.
The Chelsea atmosphere was fuelled by Chelsea.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Is it a generalisation to suggest that Northern club’s fans and other clubs in traditionally ‘working class‘ areas (like Millwall!) seem to produce a much better vocal support on match days than us Sussex-by-the-Sea folk?
Yes.
Can we try and replicate the non stop support and noise that we generated in the Chelsea game when Liverpool visit next week?
No.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Always difficult when surrounded by oppo fans, which will happen Saturday for me. Don't worry though, ongoing interactions with supporter services.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Is it a generalisation to suggest that Northern club’s fans and other clubs in traditionally ‘working class‘ areas (like Millwall!) seem to produce a much better vocal support on match days than us Sussex-by-the-Sea folk? I sometimes wonder whether it’s because in areas of historical social deprivation, the local populace’s passion for football was because it was the one ‘escape’ (other than church) in otherwise extreme hardship and often tragic lives. So maybe we should check our white privilege and start making more bloody noise at home games! 😉

Or not …🤷‍♂️

I occasionally put down my cucumber sandwich and tea in bone china to politely applaud our boys and murmur “Jolly well done” under my breath. Surely there’s a limit?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Important game, we simply must be up for this one. If you’re a quiet supporter, don’t be for this one. The lads will appreciate it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Like always, and like most grounds here, it'll reflect what's going on on the pitch. It'll undoubtedly start off very lively, and I'm sure it'll remain very good as it's likely to be a pretty lively game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here