Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I want to see us win at Wembley for the first time. If you can't get excited about that then you probably should be watching Rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen us lose twice at Wembley and drew once. I have seen Huddersfield win once and lost twice at Wembley. So Wembley doesn't fill me with huge confidence to be honest......ill just toddle off to the rugby then.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A call to arms, from friend of the Albion, and all-round dreamboat, ANDREA ORLANDI (via instagram):

Football is unfair sometimes. but it always gives back what you deserve. And Brighton deserves to be in the Premier League. You'll do it the hard way, but it will be even better. At Wembley. And I'll be there. Come on the Seagulls.
Congratulations for the great season so far @officialbhafc especially my brothers @brunosaltor and @I_calderon_14 and my good friends @cankergren @gggg_3 @lualua25 #brightonandhovealbion #sussexbythesea #playoffs #goodluck

Come on people. If Andrea believes, we should all believe.

Keep the faith.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone's got to do it, Bozza. :thumbsup: Turkey keeps licking their àrses when even his own brother wisely said he can feel himself getting less intelligent with every passing moment spent on that site.

Brilliant work. You've lured them into the "size of club" debate. I can literally never tire of fans of clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday trying to tell everyone just how BIG they are.

"We're really big - we spent ages in the top flight and everything!" (but no-one under the age of 20 knows without looking on Wikipedia)
"We've won lots and lots of trophies" (but we've given up for a while to give everyone else a chance)
"We're one step away from the Premier League - this sleeping giant is about to wake up." (if it wasn't for those pesky little clubs like Brentford, Reading and Brighton finishing above us)
"We've got a massive famous old stadium." (that is falling into disrepair and is half-empty when we play)

Unfortunately for these clubs, no one is really listening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brilliant work. You've lured them into the "size of club" debate. I can literally never tire of fans of clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday trying to tell everyone just how BIG they are.

"We're really big - we spent ages in the top flight and everything!" (but no-one under the age of 20 knows without looking on Wikipedia)
"We've won lots and lots of trophies" (but we've given up for a while to give everyone else a chance)
"We're one step away from the Premier League - this sleeping giant is about to wake up." (if it wasn't for those pesky little clubs like Brentford, Reading and Brighton finishing above us)
"We've got a massive famous old stadium." (that is falling into disrepair and is half-empty when we play)

Unfortunately for these clubs, no one is really listening.

Brighton though. <picture of Sid James>

Hilarious stuff I'm sure you'll agree. And don't forget if you ask fans of clubs in the "Prem", they'll ALL say Wednesday *deserve* to be in the top division and won't of heard of Brighton. <Sid James again>

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Does anyone else feel like this?

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?

I'm with you I'm afraid, I have tried desperately to be positive etc etc but to be frank I see nothing but misery ahead I've the coming days [emoji20]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everyone needs to chill the f*** out with this negativity

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Re the OP.
I've tried really hard to man up too but all I can see is forking out circa £200 and a miserable trip home from Wembley. I've never had these feelings before, I certainly didn't feel like this in the build up to the humiliating defeat to the scum at the AMEX. I'm a positive, glass half full kinda guy and I always look on the bright side, but I've felt really bad about the culmination of this season since the Burnley result. To make it worse, it feels as if every other football fan in the country neither wants us in the prem or thinks we deserve it. Please feel free to bounce me into oblivion if I'm wrong. And yes, I do deserve a good kicking metaphorically speaking and in my mood I will happily roll up on the ground and take it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re the OP.
I've tried really hard to man up too but all I can see is forking out circa £200 and a miserable trip home from Wembley. I've never had these feelings before, I certainly didn't feel like this in the build up to the humiliating defeat to the scum at the AMEX. I'm a positive, glass half full kinda guy and I always look on the bright side, but I've felt really bad about the culmination of this season since the Burnley result. To make it worse, it feels as if every other football fan in the country neither wants us in the prem or thinks we deserve it. Please feel free to bounce me into oblivion if I'm wrong. And yes, I do deserve a good kicking metaphorically speaking and in my mood I will happily roll up on the ground and take it.

I think that's quite optimistic, you think we'll get to Wembley! :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re the OP.

Something different this time then ? Sounds like a sign from the Football Fates to me :)

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Quite frankly I am beginning to wish we had been relegated last season, then none of this would have happened.

Yeah it's so shit having the most exciting end to a season in years and having our best league finish since 1983 and outscoring almost everyone in the league and still having a chance of going up and the prospect of our first visit to Wembley in 25 years isn't it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it helps, I've noted that the away game is on 13th May, which was also the day that we hosted Palace at the Amex as we strolled our way to Wembley.

No? Me neither.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it helps, I've noted that the away game is on 13th May, which was also the day that we hosted Palace at the Amex as we strolled our way to Wembley.

No? Me neither.

Friday 13th. What could possibly go wrong?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I had written about it being Friday 13th but deleted it when I noted it will also be Friday 13th for Sheffield Wednesday. Like a bobby pitch, it's the same for both sides.

What would constitute a bad result for both sides? A narrow 1 goal win for Wednesday probably isn't great for either us. A mass brawl leading to 4 red cards (and hence suspensions for the final) would be a disaster for both - so clearly that's what it'll be. Right??

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
After Pompey get thumped by Plymouth on Thursday night and their fans have tears in their eyes, chanting they have the best supporters in the world, who have not missed a game at Fratton Park since 1995 and just had their latest 'Pompey forever' tattoo, then I'll laugh and laugh at those sad muppets stuck in League Two for another season.

That's when the play-offs will start to feel REAL. :)

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
r
I feel the same, but my reason is that we did well to make the play off's on the previous two occasions and we we didn't progress because as we didn't deserve to on our play. But this time, I feel cheated by two referee's, Pawson and Dean who allowed two clubs to progress at our expense through rank bad decision making.

the decision to send off Stephens had little effect on the game, we showed more attacking intent and looked more likely to score with 10 men!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here