Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Feel the same but don't think it's a bad thing. Important not to get too riled up, if the players & club can stay calm we might actually do this.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We've tried being over confident ( Palace ).

We've tried sneaking in on the last day ( Derby ).

We're doing it differently again this time. Who knows what that will bring.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Seriously, what a bunch of bedwetters there are on this thread. You can almost see the bottom lip trembling with some of you.

I was and still am seriously pissed off about Saturday, but could not be more excited about Friday. We are two games from Wembley (26 years since we have been there), and three games from the Premier League, something we have been striving for since 1983, and people are still whining about the ref at the weekend. That has happened, it is time to move on.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
We were buzzing at the potential of gaining promotion to the Premier League at Palace's expense in 2013, and look how it turned out. We were ecstatic when THAT goal secured us the play-offs the next season and once again, we were utterly battered (though Derby were always going to beat us, with their style of footy and our slow football)

Fast forward 2 years, and now we're MOANING after missing out on automatic promotion by the narrowest of margins. Surely it's 3rd time lucky, spurred on by the luck of the negative JCLs? :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good straight talking. I'm going to follow your lead.

Oh.

Cool Bozza, just rearrange what I said :facepalm:

I am capable of both being pissed off at Mike Dean, and excited about a play off game at the same time. It is impressive stuff I admit, but surely I am not the only one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'll argue with anyone over any old toss won't you?
Sorry, are you feeling left out and want to join in the argument? I'm not in the best mood (can't think why) so I'm feeling even more argumentative than usual, so feel free to wade in.
Of course it's NOW. We achieved that 15 point gap with THIS squad of players. It is therefore pertinent.
It probably would have been 12 points if Wednesday hadn't rested their first 11 for the last game, but 12 is still a decent gap. But we achieved the gap with Stephens and Dunk in the team, which is also fairly pertinent.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
OP you will be excited if we get to Wembley. Come on Albion. Regroup let's go again. We have finished way above any of the other teams in the play offs, we can do this

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I want to see us win at Wembley for the first time. If you can't get excited about that then you probably should be watching Rugby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do watch Rugby though. And sometimes I get excited.

Folk are just flat at the moment. Things will improve. It will be strange to end up in another Boro scenario with so much emotion spent already. That's the problem.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dreading it TBH.

For all the good we've done this season the only playoff team we have beaten in 90 minutes is Hull, conversely probably the only set of fans we got on alright with. I'm fully expecting a raft of jeering and gloating Wednesday fans with their stupid Sid James emoji to be smugly turning NSC properly working class in six days time. If that doesn't happen the gloating Derby w***ers that will be here over bank holiday weekend when we lose at Wembley on penalties, having had Hemed sent off for picking his nose and Stockdale also dismissed for eating his banana in a casual manner will be too much to bear.

Football can do one.
That's irrelevant as we only lost one game against the top 6 and...
Burnley scraped a 93rd minute penalty
Away to derby a harsh penalty at the death
Burnley away a harsh penalty
Yes we won 1 but were very unlucky not to win 3 or 4.
We have lost 5 games all season long etc etc etc.

We're playing the 6th team in Wednesday and they got thumped away at Bristol city and drew a blank at home to MKD's etc.
Let's be honest if there's any side you want in the playoffs right now it's Wednesday end of :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When the team come out on Monday I will be applauding and cheering them on as I always do, not least because they have been magnificent all season, and the poor officiating is obviously not their doing.

If Wednesday knock us out, I will still stay afterwards to applaud our team.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This thread on owlstalk has made me chuckle:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/239569-1500-tickets

Apparently we're only taking 500 fans there, we started a "pseudo rivalry" with them, and are cross about their silly Sid James emoji.

Silly me - I thought it was that they laugh at us and we laugh at them. I also find it faintly amusing that they're wetting themselves with excitement over Friday whereas this thread shows some of us are actually quite indifferent. It's truly their cup final isn't it?

Those northern numpties really do think they're Real Madrid and I honestly think most of them think they will win 3 or 4 nil just because they've got over 30,000 home fans and they spanked Cardiff in a big game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Those northern numpties really do think they're Real Madrid and I honestly think most of them think they will win 3 or 4 nil just because they've got over 30,000 home fans and they spanked Cardiff in a big game.

They are hilarious. Forever talking about us like we're a tiny club despite the fact our average gates have been higher than theirs for 5 seasons now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They are hilarious. Forever talking about us like we're a tiny club despite the fact our average gates have been higher than theirs for 5 seasons now.

Pleasing to see that you took your indignation over to Owlstalk and put them firmly in their place.

You are the electronic version of Das Reich - no-one is going to take liberties over Brighton so long as you have a keyboard to hand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pleasing to see that you took your indignation over to Owlstalk and put them firmly in their place.

You are the electronic version of Das Reich - no-one is going to take liberties over Brighton so long as you have a keyboard to hand.

Someone's got to do it, Bozza. :thumbsup: Turkey keeps licking their àrses when even his own brother wisely said he can feel himself getting less intelligent with every passing moment spent on that site.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You'll argue with anyone over any old toss won't you?

Of course it's NOW. We achieved that 15 point gap with THIS squad of players. It is therefore pertinent.

The NOW in which I am typing this is not actually now. As in the now in which you're reading this.

But I don't think this post I'm writing now is pertinent, to anything in the world.

I'm confused.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here