Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now, if you are a betting man...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If we win the next 6 matches on the spin it's time to think about a bet not after beating a poor , relegation bound team

In other key tips would you also recommend betting on Crystal Palace to be relegated and Celtic to win the SPL?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
If we win the next 6 matches on the spin it's time to think about a bet not after beating a poor , relegation bound team

Win the next six matches on the spin and we'll be around evens for promotion!

I did say it offered terrific VALUE (ie 12-1 is a good price considering the chances of us going up).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
complete mug punt imho. We should be at least 20/1. Don't waste your money. We wont make the playoffs, let alone win them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For giggles I thought I'd just check what price Celtic are to win the league.

The answer is a best price 1/200. :lolol:

So, put £10k on and get £50.

DO IT!
Like printing money,

in very small quantities.

I've been keeping a running total of our odds on the 'skybet' thread.

We were 80/1 winners before Saturdays result.
I think that's as long as we'll get, even though they should be much much longer odds.

Ulloa is currently 40/1 TGS (CMS 150/1).
I think I'll be having a piece of the Ulloa bet, if he's back soon, fingers crossed he'll drift still further to perhaps 50's or even 66's.

Working on the theory if and that's a big if, we were to have a good run in, Ulloa will have to be scoring goals.
One bet kind of making the other happen.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

But surely if we do that the odds will have shortened drastically? I thibk with the players we've got out, and considering how close we still are to the playoffs, 12/1 is pretty good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I were a betting man I'd be wagering on:-

Defense/Special Teams touchdowns in the Packers v Bears match tonight.

There's not a lot of value in the 2/1 Packers anytime, but there's money to be made across the board with the other odds.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We are still 12-1 for promotion (with Stan James).

I think that offers terrific value.

My case for the ker-ching:

1) We are currently five points adrift of the play-off places; 12 points from automatic. May sound a lot (the latter, but consider there are still 96 POINTS TO PLAY FOR).

2) We are still hovering mid-table despite a horrible and unprecedented run of injuries. At the least, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Ulloa are returning in the upcoming weeks. As for Bridcutt, who knows?

3) Our rookies, JFC and Ince, are gaining vital match-time and should improve as the season progresses.

4) Lita is looking a promising addition. May also sign in January.

5) FFP penalties/fears may destabilise some of the naughty big spenders.

6) OG clearly has a plan. And an interesting one at that. Players should start to collectively fit the OG mould. His emphasis on pace, movement and pressing the opposition in their own half, should pay dividends in the end. Seems a decent bloke. Unlikely to smack his head on any invisible ceilings.

7) There are always at least one or two 'late runners' who string together an impressive run of post Christmas wins. See Reading, Them, Bolton etc. We can be one of them.

8) CMS may even return in the New Year.

9) We haven't flogged TB's family silver for a bunch of indolent, greedy ex-Premier League show ponies, distracted by their next close season moves. In February.

10) Forest, Reading and Wigan are all 7-2. FOUR times more likely to get promoted than we are. Apparently.

There are many more reasons but I'm scared I'll cause a few aneurisms among the NSC depressives...:eek:

I was bang up for sticking a few quid on until I got to point no.8. SHEFELLOVER!

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Funny that, I had a little look yesterday and the 9/2 for us to finish top 6 has got me tempted. Looks like another year in the championship where there seem to be an upset or two each week so if we can get a) Ulloa, bridcutt and Orlandi back by the New Year and b) find some consistency and string a bit of a run together like last season then play offs are a possibility.

Couldn't believe it when I read over the weekend that we were only 5 points off the play offs, we have had some right dud games in last 4/6 weeks, more of a concern would be that we are 14 points off 3rd which means we are really playing for a lower play off places although nothing would surprise me in this league.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a decent-sized each way bet on ManU to win the Premier League at the weekend. They were 8/1!

Nurse! arton771.gif

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Odds for Brighton promotion have shortened to 9-1 with Stan James and William Hill.

You can still get 12-1 with Bet Fred and Paddy Power though...

Bit staggered Wigan and Forest are still 7-2 with some bookies. Can't see Forest going up with Davies in charge.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I've bet a fiver against Palace every week this year; it's been my best season ever of football betting wins so far.

I can imagine you're only getting a quid profit every time... :lolol:

Palace to lose by 2 goals is the banker bet at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here