Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Novel by trying to be published girl - please take time to read or help vote for.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Hey all, as a fellow brighton fan, i would love some of you to please go in and support this girl i know, she is trying to get her books published and is working really hard.
She's from Denver but she has a Brighton shirt (pink one so im not sure if counts lol) but she has been chosen as editors choice for the month and can win awards, please please take the time to even join up and give her a vote, as she deserves all success she gets.
Thought id do my part and try and help, even if one of you votes is appreciated.

Remembering June : by Tessa James :: Genre : Women's Fiction

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In the same way it is unwise to sign a contract you haven't read, is it entirely sensible to rate a book you've never even seen?

I mean what if it was pro holocaust, pedophilia and incest? I wouldn't want to put my name to that...

Not after last time

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Thats fine Colossal, you would get the jist of it from the start but when someone you know is being given a opportunity to maybe make a career, its naturel to try and help her.
She deserves it, just thought i would try as North stand chat is good like that.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
In the same way it is unwise to sign a contract you haven't read, is it entirely sensible to rate a book you've never even seen?

I mean what if it was pro holocaust, pedophilia and incest? I wouldn't want to put my name to that...

Not after last time

What are you on about? The holocaust didn't even happen... :dasreich:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
She is starting out in the industry and it has been chosen as a editors choice so i think a bit unfair some comments on here, it is a womans fiction, but as i know her i thought maybe try and support her as friends do.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Thats fine Colossal, you would get the jist of it from the start but when someone you know is being given a opportunity to maybe make a career, its naturel to try and help her.
She deserves it, just thought i would try as North stand chat is good like that.

I was just having a joke mate. I've no problem at all with you supporting your friend. Good luck to her

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Yeah im not the best with written English, but i thought id still try and help her, as its a very tough industry and she has done well to be given the chance by the editors of the site.
Thanks to people who have looked at the page at least, its appreciated.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Hey all, as a fellow brighton fan, i would love some of you to please go in and support this girl i know, she is trying to get her books published and is working really hard.
She's from Denver but she has a Brighton shirt (pink one so im not sure if counts lol) but she has been chosen as editors choice for the month and can win awards, please please take the time to even join up and give her a vote, as she deserves all success she gets.
Thought id do my part and try and help, even if one of you votes is appreciated.

Remembering June : by Tessa James :: Genre : Women's Fiction

I guess you really fancy this girl from Denver eh :)

I remember when the first trashy novel by Louise Bagshawe first hit the streets. Her mum was an ESCC councillor at the time and we were all encouraged to get excited.

Now she's turned into a Tory MP. I trust young Tessa James isn't going to embarrass us all in a few years time.

:)

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I remember when the first trashy novel by Louise Bagshawe first hit the streets. Her mum was an ESCC councillor at the time and we were all encouraged to get excited.

Now she's turned into a Tory MP. I trust young Tessa James isn't going to embarrass us all in a few years time.

:)

She is no Mp lol, she is a ex Dancer

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
My sisters and I watch Mama’s casket being lowered into the tomb that is to become her resting place. The gears and cranks of the lowering device hiss and whine until the casket is finally settled at the bottom. The groundskeepers quickly remove the straps from Mama’s casket before they methodically begin sifting dirt from the massive mound on to the top of Mama’s casket.

Cynthia-the sister above me-runs over to the mound of dirt and begins furiously thrashing around. The dirt is wet, and it looks more like coffee grounds than the cement that is to seal Mama away. The groundskeepers turn to us. They obviously don’t know what to do so Clair-the oldest-just nods and they give Cynthia space.

The above, edited:

My sisters and I watch Mama's casket as the gears and cranks of the lowering device hiss and whine until the casket is finally lowered into the tomb which will be her final resting place. The ground-keepers deftly remove the straps from her casket before methodically shifting earth from the massive mound to cover it.

Cynthia, my elder sister, runs over to the mound of soil and begins thrashing around in it. It is wet and looks more like ground coffee than the earth which is to seal Mama away. The ground-keepers turn to us wondering what to do. Clair, the eldest sister, just nods to them. They understand, and they leave Cynthia be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here