Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Police repeatedly punch postrated tasered man

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I saw something la while ago which I thought was quite odd.

Some young man was arrested in the street, quite probably up to no good.

I wouldn't say he was resisting arrest - more making it as difficult as possible for the five police to hold and search him.

Anyway, he was forced to ground, which wasn't my concern - more the full punch in the stomach as he fell (which I suspect isn't in rule book)

It was in a quiet street and I was only a few metres away, and none of the people were aware I was there.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"policeman takes his club to a head,
just like he's beating a drum"

Antiflag.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is he hitting him in the face or trying to give him a dead arm?

He looks like he is giving him a dead arm in order that they can cuff him. Don't consider this as Police brutality but I am sure a load of bleeding heart liberals will.

Apparently the guy had assaulted a doorman prior to this and put a policeman in hospital. He is quite clearly failing to comply and the Police are just trying to apprehend him. There has been no complaint against the Police by the individual concerned who I believe was charged with the assaults.

How are the Police supposed to keep scum of the streets and keep it safe for law abiding citizens?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
very heavy handed, had 4 on him and the c*nt starts punching him in the face after being tazered twice!!!

i do not know what he did, but whatever it was he was down and not resisting but looked more like he was fitting??

sure our local NSC bobbies will be on here defending the actions of the plod

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He looks like he is giving him a dead arm in order that they can cuff him. Don't consider this as Police brutality but I am sure a load of bleeding heart liberals will.

Apparently the guy had assaulted a doorman prior to this and put a policeman in hospital. He is quite clearly failing to comply and the Police are just trying to apprehend him. There has been no complaint against the Police by the individual concerned who I believe was charged with the assaults.

How are the Police supposed to keep scum of the streets and keep it safe for law abiding citizens?

But has raised enough concern in the local Police force, for them to voluntarily point out the video to the IPCC.

You havent mentioned the use of the electric stun gun, would you like to offer something ?

What often looks like a punch, I respect is actually a very effective and quick way of restraining somebody and ensuring that less damage is done to both parties in the long run.

However, the "Taser, Taser, Taser" bit does look like something out of Robocop and I suspect there will be some concern expressed by the boys and girls in blue who post on here.

Back to your favourite subject of the G20 riots, browsing through the reaction on the Police forums suggest that the Police itself is full of bleeding heart liberals.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When is he being hit in the face? He may have been tazered, but he was still resisting arrest. What do you suggest? Stabbing him? He may have had four police officers on him, but he is clearly very strong and by no means going quietly.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008

Apparently the guy had assaulted a doorman prior to this and put a policeman in hospital. He is quite clearly failing to comply and the Police are just trying to apprehend him.

Just trying to apprehend him? Four coppers and electrocution not enough? I think they were exacting their own revenge for what he did to their colleague.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
When is he being hit in the face? He may have been tazered, but he was still resisting arrest. What do you suggest? Stabbing him? He may have had four police officers on him, but he is clearly very strong and by no means going quietly.

loooks to me like he was not resisting but suffering the effect of being eloctroucted twice ffs!!!:angry:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Were they able to cuff him?

I think it's technically difficult to cuff someone as they are being electrocuted.

Might be wrong.

Footage seems quiet clear. They appear to have him under control, but the officer with the Taser decides to have another go. They are just interviewing an ex-firearms expert. His "initial reaction", "they went over the top, there use of force was excessive and unnessary"

On the Sky News now, it appears that it was one of the officers involved in the arrest that needed hospital treatment.

It's these guns I have a particularly problem with BOF.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it's technically difficult to cuff someone as they are being electrocuted.

Might be wrong.

Footage seems quiet clear. They appear to have him under control, but the officer with the Taser decides to have another go.

On the Sky News now, it appears that it was one of the officers involved in the arrest that needed hospital treatment.

Very funny. Have you not noticed that he is not playing ball and seemingly very strong. What is having him under control? You can't put someone who is violent in the back of a car/van without handcuffs on. The taser is there for a reason. He is resisting arrest and they were trying to placate him in order to handcuff him. They managed to do so in the end and another violent person is off the streets for a while, thankfully. I don't see how this can be defended. There are many cases of police brutality, but frankly, this is not one of them, in my opinion.

Ps When does the officer strike the 'assailant' in the head/face?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very funny. Have you not noticed that he is not playing ball and seemingly very strong. What is having him under control? You can't put someone who is violent in the back of a car/van without handcuffs on. The taser is there for a reason. He is resisting arrest and they were trying to placate him in order to handcuff him. They managed to do so in the end and another violent person is off the streets for a while, thankfully. I don't see how this can be defended. There are many cases of police brutality, but frankly, this is not one of them, in my opinion.

I just wonder how they got by without the guns in the past. I'd honestly like to hear the police view on here about their use in the situation above.

There is a lot of concern about their use, coming from Amnesty etc.. since they have led to deaths.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

He isn't being electrocuted when they are trying to cuff him. Had they been in contact with him they would have got the electric shock too or hadn't you realised that.

Might be wrong. Clearly

Footage seems quiet clear. They appear to have him under control, but not cuffed which is crucial don't you think. Footage is clear as you can see him kicking out at the officers legs before the taser is utilised.but the officer with the Taser decides to have another go.because he continues to resist having the cuffs put on!!!! They are just interviewing an ex-firearms expert. His "initial reaction", "they went over the top, there use of force was excessive and unnessary"

It's these guns I have a particularly problem with BOF.

Think you and I are wasting our time on this thread.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well I've just watched it again and the Police Office with the gun, asks the other three officers to let the man go as he fires the weapon. The last time he zaps him.

No problem with them "roughing him up", just the use of that gun when it appears they have the situation under control. Seems extreme to me.

Watch it again, he sends the other officers away.

That's all I got the problem with, the use of these guns. Surely they should be the last resort, they're not exactly a 9v battery.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here