Notts County manager Quits

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
after only 7 weeks in charge, why do i get the feeling it is all going very wrong very quickly for them..

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Notts County supporters must be absolutely gutted with what is happening with the club.
There seem to be a lot of lessons being learned. Look at portsmouth, look at West Ham, look at Notts County. Foreign investment buggering off. What makes me laugh is the money Gold has offered West ham is not high enough. 50,000,000 is not enough.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't see anything funny about it Jim, thats a fairly immature stance to take.
The Supporters Trust sold their shares in the club to Munto, in the process of which the club had a £400k tax bill settled which was threatening to drag the into administration, so at least the takeover secured their immediate future. But its turned into a complete shambles since then, I just feel sorry for the fans there.

There but for the grace of God and all that. Imagine if WE were having to rely on money from some shady middle-eastern business that nobody knows a thing about. I would be absolutely CACKING myself if Falmer depended on funding from the likes of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to feel for fans and players/staff alike.

From the promise of a bright future and bragging rights throughout the lower leagues, to being a universal and highly publicised laughing stock in just a few months.

Imagine us if the Bloom deal suddenly went tits up and you can understand how they must be feeling

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
exactly, and these are good reasons why we should never allow foreign investment in to the club, for the simple reason from what I have seen so far they ruin clubs.

Unfortunately these foreign owners, don't understand how a real supporter feels about their club because they have been bought up watching the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd on TV.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
exactly, and these are good reasons why we should never allow foreign investment in to the club, for the simple reason from what I have seen so far they ruin clubs.

Unfortunately these foreign owners, don't understand how a real supporter feels about their club because they have been bought up watching the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd on TV.

You mean the RedSox of Liverpool don't you..

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i have a soft spot for Notts Co. My Grandad was on the board there many moons ago.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Can't see anything funny about it Jim, thats a fairly immature stance to take.
The Supporters Trust sold their shares in the club to Munto, in the process of which the club had a £400k tax bill settled which was threatening to drag the into administration, so at least the takeover secured their immediate future. But its turned into a complete shambles since then, I just feel sorry for the fans there.

There but for the grace of God and all that. Imagine if WE were having to rely on money from some shady middle-eastern business that nobody knows a thing about. I would be absolutely CACKING myself if Falmer depended on funding from the likes of them.

Absolutely. We should be the last team to be amused by dodgy owners after what happened to Brighton. I feel gutted for Notts County fans. If I was a Notts County fan I would be genuinely concerned for the club, it just seems to be becoming a bit of a joke at the moment. Just goes to show how lucky we are to have a genuine fan with the money to pay for the new stadium.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How funny. I bet they thought they'd be another Man City, now it's going t1ts up.

What's funny? Notts County are the oldest club in the league, the club DRIPS history. Don't you give a f*** about that?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i met some county fans on friday night - unfortunately they were turd-house, and knew bugger-all about the club, i wanted a long chat with interesting titbits about what was happening at meadow lane, plus some talk of the play off final.

alas, they knew f*** all.

they did say that they had a tiny fanbase though, tiny.

it annoys me when i meet people who profess to be supporters of small clubs and then i know more about the club than they do.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The fans are resigned to Sven going as well. What a shambles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry, had a bad day, some twat nearly killed me monday morning so being abit irrational. Though having said that I'm still sick to the bones that Notts County beat us in the play-offs.

No worries.
As it happens, I don't think I've EVER been as gutted coming away from a game as I was after that final. But I do remember the celebrating County fans I came across that day being quite sympathetic and not gloating over it - got a clap on the shoulder from this huge County fan outside, who said "never mind lad, you'll come straight up next year".

The f***ing liar.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I always thought Notts County was a bizarre choice for somebody to buy success at the highest level, what with such a big club a few hunded yards away commanding most of that (modest) city's support. There are bigger cities with only one club, such as Leeds.

I went to the County V Accrington game last Saturday and was impressed with what they have already. The ground is pretty much 'Premier League' standard, and the potential fanbase in the City, Shire and adjacent areas are there.

The KOP end is f***ing loud throughout the game too!!

Oh and let's not forget it has the, 'Oldest professional football club in the world' title!

Looking forward to watching Albion play there next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports