Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts County away....

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Does anyone know how many the away end holds? I've looked around and seen the stadium can hold just under 17,500 but there's no details about the away end and how many do you think we will be altercated for the last game of the season ??

Sep 1, 2010
Does anyone know how many the away end holds? I've looked around and seen the stadium can hold just under 17,500 but there's no details about the away end and how many do you think we will be altercated for the last game of the season ??

It's Allocated Btw Ben. They are not gonna let you in at all:whistle:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Interesting. Most websites quoting 20,000 for the capacity. What kind of shoddy tour was this?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The excellent Football Ground Guide gives the overall capacity as 20,300, with normal away capacity (on one side of the ground) as 1,300 - but this can be increased. I can't imagine them not agreeing to give us most if not all of the whole side, given their average home attendances.

Football Ground Guide: Meadow Lane, Notts County FC

PS Interesting to note that the away area was changed from behind the goal to the stand at the side following a campaign by Notts County fans, who presumably felt that having one end occupied by away fans favoured the opposition. Something that should have been considered regarding the Amex?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
PS Interesting to note that the away area was changed from behind the goal to the stand at the side following a campaign by Notts County fans, who presumably felt that having one end occupied by away fans favoured the opposition. Something that should have been considered regarding the Amex?

It was considered. But it was felt better to have the away fans being looked down upon by the 'intimidating' West Stand and the 'wall of noise' coming from there. According to Richard Hebbard at least.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Allocation will probably depend on home interest. Assuming they have nothing to play for we could probably have what we require!

There may be more home fans interested in going to this one than, say, against Sheffield Wednesday because it's the final game of the season but hopefully they will let us have more tickets than the usual 10%

- anyone know when tickets are likely to go on sale?

The County website shows current capacity of 19,588.
There is no breakdown of home & away but standard
Away allocation is quite small on the stadium map.
Most gates are around 6,200, with a few larger
(up to 11,000+).
So there should be plenty for us if they'd like the cash!
We should, therefore, get "quite a lot" !

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Anyone found any decent train prices for that weekend yet?

We are planning to go Friday anytime and return on the Sunday but can't find better than £29...anyone got better?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Notts County wanted to cash in then the regular away section plus the Kop would be 6,700 seats which would rake in about £100k in ticket sales.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Anyone found any decent train prices for that weekend yet?

We are planning to go Friday anytime and return on the Sunday but can't find better than £29...anyone got better?

Have you checked the East Midlands train website Captain? I saw £24 for the Saturday (don't know about the Friday though) but that meant not arriving until 2pm - so not enough time for 'lunch' in my book.

I went for £29 via Southernrailway.com

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have got 2 singles for £29. Sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here