Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottinghamshire v Sussex YB40 today skysports 2 16.00

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The result won't stand, we must have fielded ineligible players.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's a promising debut from Hobden. He only signed professional forms this week - one to watch

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Having scored 330-odd in the previous match and lost, I'd imagine Sussex were somewhat fired up for this match and the pressure was off with Notts expected to win. Sussex are still decent in this form of cricket, albeit their priorities lie elsewhere this season.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Having scored 330-odd in the previous match and lost, I'd imagine Sussex were somewhat fired up for this match and the pressure was off with Notts expected to win. Sussex are still decent in this form of cricket, albeit their priorities lie elsewhere this season.
Jeez, don't tell me cricket's turning into football where the league is all that counts and no one gives a toss about the Cups.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it has been that way to a certain degree ever since the County Championship split into 2 divisions.
Granted matches mean a lot more now than in the days when by the end of May most counties knew that the rest of their season would simply be a set of glorified friendlies, but do you really think Sussex said internally "we're not going to bother competing in the 50 over or 20/20 tournaments this year"? Those are the tournaments that generate the cash.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Granted matches mean a lot more now than in the days when by the end of May most counties knew that the rest of their season would simply be a set of glorified friendlies, but do you really think Sussex said internally "we're not going to bother competing in the 50 over or 20/20 tournaments this year"? Those are the tournaments that generate the cash.

Well, not deliberately, of course not. But after having lost 2 or 3 matches, I expect on a subconscious level at least some of the players will have come to the conclusion that the glory isn't going to be found in winning the 40 over competition this season and so their performances have dipped a bit in comparison to last season in that form of cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here