Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest - wheels falling off?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I still think they'll hang in there. They have a huge squad, which they appear to have spent FFP-defying amounts on, and plenty of experienced players, no matter how much Davies craps on about their injuries. They'd have to have a monumentally bad end to the season, and I just don't see that happening. They might lose a couple, draw a few, but they should comfortably win enough to nail down the play off place.

If you're listening, football Gods, feel free to surprise me on that front though.

Look at Blackpool when Ince was banned from the staduim and they done better without his presence so expecting Forest to do the same.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If they do continue to struggle, it could make our final game of the season, at the City Ground, very tasty indeed, with potentially both clubs fighting over one play-off place.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
That final game could be quite tasty. Forest and ourselves may be rivals for a play off place but if they are already out of the running then their fans might be giving Davies a torrid time. I like the thought that we can cause him that little bit extra discomfort.

Would be a nice outcome if Hoskins or CMS could come off the bench and get the crucial goal?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sportinglife did a very good piece today on QPR and Nottingham Forest and how both are showing signs of falling away from contention. I think the word they used to describe Davies' assertion he was doing well just to be on the edge of the play-offs was "delusional".

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I had a quick listen to the Radio Nottingham post-match phone-in. The consesus is they are on the way out of the play-off positions.

They do have a number of injuries - but they did look good at the Amex.

Sounds like an over-reaction to a defeat, just like on our local radio and, dare I say it, NSC, if we lose.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If I put a tenner on the for the play-offs,they'll have no chance. I'm just off to the bookies then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Another manager bemoaning injury problems is Billy Davies at Nottingham Forest. Jack Hobbs was the latest to go lame this weekend, when an ankle problem ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

Davies said after Forest's 4-1 defeat to Wigan on Saturday: "If somebody had said to me that this football club would lose eight or nine of the players we are missing and still be in the top six with 13 games to go, I would say they would probably think we were delusional. Absolutely delusional."

As with Redknapp, Davies is overstating things somewhat. It's true that Forest have been struck with not just injuries, but injuries to key players, with Kelvin Wilson, captain Chris Cohen, Henri Lansbury, Hobbs and player of the season Andy Reid out for periods of varying length.

However, Hobbs, Lansbury and Reid have respectively played 27, 26 and 28 league games this season, and the form of youngster Jamaal Lascelles has lessened the impact of Wilson's injury. Only Cohen's absence has significantly impacted on Forest's performance, and even that problem was solved to an extent with the recruitment of Danny Fox in January.

Forest's injury issues could extinguish any faint hopes they might have harboured of automatic promotion, but with the players Davies has had at his disposal, to say expecting a top six finish is delusional is, well, delusional itself.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sounds like an over-reaction to a defeat, just like on our local radio and, dare I say it, NSC, if we lose.

Indeed.

But also talking to some Forest fans recently it does seem that they see promotion as a 'right' this season and cannot contemplate anything less. They certainly cannot handle both Leicester and Derby looking more likely than them. They also deny having lavished money on their squad and think they are being harshly constrained by FFP. They suggested we are being 'tinpot' by not 'going for it'. An interesting outlook.

I think we can understand from last seasons run in against Palace just how it feels to be in pole position and feel pretty optimistic - but I don't think so many Albion fans, even on NSC were arrogant enough to claim promotion was a 'right'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Other than the good ship Albion i hope that Derby and Burnley go up. Just because they seem properly run, living within their means. As opposed to teams like forest amd qpr who are *****.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

It didn't sound like only a reaction to a defeat. It sounds like it has building up a while. They seemed to think they were on for the automatic spots - which they were at one point - the are having to deal with the realisation that has gone, and things now turning sour with Davies. Plus their two closest rivals above them. Must be difficult for the supporters to take.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
yes oh yes ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Other than the good ship Albion i hope that Derby and Burnley go up. Just because they seem properly run, living within their means. As opposed to teams like forest amd qpr who are *****.

Agree. I hope Burnley can hang in there now, it would be a shame to see them fade at the final hurdle. Watching the wasteful spenders at QPR and Forest struggle is hilarious, but sadly they are still too many points ahead of us at the moment for me to get into gloat mode. I just hope we can reel them in so that the laughing can begin in earnest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would love to see the poison dwarf fail and Forest get hammered under FFP.
The former may happen but suspect the League will climb down and the whole FFP farce will collapse.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here