Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think RDZ could of played a stronger defensive team , which would of taken the pressure of our midfield
he should of played 3 CB in Dunk , Webster and Colwill ,
that would of allowed to play 2 wing backs ,
and maybe play Gilmour , in CM again given support to our midfield

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think RDZ could of played a stronger defensive team , which would of taken the pressure of our midfield
Yer dreadful from de zerbi tonight. An arrogant starting 11 then he brings off pervis for wellbz. Suicide football.

We need to get some solidity back especially as we are back to missing hatfuls at the other end

Jimmy Grimble

I really wish our game management would improve when we’re close to half time/full time. Before Forest equalised there were a few opportunities to kill the momentum of the game in the added time. We failed to do similar against Chelsea towards the end of the game but got away with it.

While it would be great to qualify to play for these Euro byways teams, I dunno if it would be a tragedy if we didn’t, it entirely changes squad dynamics. With our budget, are we equipped - genuinely?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All this criticism of the team selection is nuts. I’m a bit surprised the eleven was so strong considering most of them played 2 hours of an emotionally and physically draining match 3 days ago. It was obvious there’d need to be changes with Wolves to come too. Clearly RDZ wants to ease Welbeck & Veltman back from injury so we don’t lose them for the other 8 games.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sadly the 2nd half was probably our worst of the season and we didn't deserve anything from the game. Think we are now fighting for seventh
Let's be honest, if on the day Potter and Co left someone had offered a trip to Wembley and to be in with a good shout of 7th at this point in the season you would've snapped their hand off.

Spurs play United tomorrow. Liverpool play spurs on Sunday while villa play united. If (and I appreciate right now it feels like a huge 'if') we can beat Wolves on Saturday and there's dropped points in our mini-league (there has to be from at least liverpool or spurs - a draw would be good) then things would be looking good again...

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
All this criticism of the team selection is nuts. I’m a bit surprised the eleven was so strong considering most of them played 2 hours of an emotionally and physically draining match 3 days ago. It was obvious there’d need to be changes with Wolves to come too. Clearly RDZ wants to ease Welbeck & Veltman back from injury so we don’t lose them for the other 8 games.
Many of us hoped for more changes than he made tonight, and the players I was most concerned about played poorest.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yeah just pull out a new formation with barely a full day off training since the semi final.

Gilmour lol.

I don’t see a lot of players waiting in the wings who have showed they’ve got what it takes to win the kind of war that Forest made it tonight. The young Argentine lad did ok. Colwill was going to come in as him and Webster are close rivals. But can’t see anything else. Not sure who we would have dropped in midfield to make way for Gilmour

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t see a lot of players waiting in the wings who have showed they’ve got what it takes to win the kind of war that Forest made it tonight. The young Argentine lad did ok. Colwill was going to come in as him and Webster are close rivals. But can’t see anything else. Not sure who we would have dropped in midfield to make way for Gilmour

Exactly.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Veltman would have been ideal for starters. Get gross back in midfield. Encisco is not good enough to start and nor is buonotte.

We need to pray fergie , wellbz and lallana are back fighting fit in the next 2 games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
On the coach back. We were architects of our own downfall sometimes you have to play route 1 football. Too much non dangerous possession, too slow and fatally the wrong pass in the wrong area at the wrong time. That game was in our hands after we scored and we let it go. Forest played to their strengths (one of which is feigning injury) we didn't play the fast passing game. I accept we seemed tired so we should have adjusted our game accordingly.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Was there and thought the team selection was brilliant, we got hold of the game after about 10 mins and dominated the remainder of the first half. Their goal before HT knocked us back, then we tired and got caught.

We had glorious chances to get ahead and take the sting out of it. Unfortunately we didn't take those and then we tired. Go again Sat, need to recover more bodies and manage the minutes between Sat and end of the season. Few mistakes creeping in with tired legs cost us tonight, but only after we spurned the chances to really take hold of it after Steele's save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here