[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
With the benefit of hindsight it does seem there was an inevitability that tonight would turn out as it did.
Our lot were spent, either physically or mentally, and they just didnt have it in them to overcome a very ‘up for it’ Forest.
I’m normally really f***ed off with a defeat but weirdly tonight I feel more melancholic.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We are not ready for any European football,
Squad not big enough or good enough
That’s a fair point. We seem to have arrived at the “pushing for Europe” stage of our development a little earlier than planned. Perhaps by a season? Maybe enough to highlight that the squad, while it’s the best we’ve ever had, still hasn’t quite the maturity and depth needed to kick on to the rarified heights we’ve only ever dreamed of before now.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Am looking forward to Roberto's post match comments as its his 1st game that we've deserved to lose.
He's just admitted that we deserved to lose, on BT Sport. He was surprised by the interviewer's question about why BHA were tired - what a pathetic question! Said he was proud for his players - playing a lot of games, with a lack of choice of fit players who could play.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think they just look very mentally and physically tired which I think is probably to be expected after losing such a big game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s a fair point. We seem to have arrived at the “pushing for Europe” stage of our development a little earlier than planned. Perhaps by a season? Maybe enough to highlight that the squad, while it’s the best we’ve ever had, still hasn’t quite the maturity and depth needed to kick on to the rarified heights we’ve only ever dreamed of before now.
....and you think after the inevitable deprivation(s) in the summer we'll have "the maturity and depth needed to kick on to the rarified heights we’ve only ever dreamed of" again?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
With the benefit of hindsight it does seem there was an inevitability that tonight would turn out as it did.
Our lot were spent, either physically or mentally, and they just didnt have it in them to overcome a very ‘up for it’ Forest.
I’m normally really f***ed off with a defeat but weirdly tonight I feel more melancholic.
Feel much the same. They looked completely spent.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Earnings don’t determine stress levels. If 20000 inmates were not locked up and screaming at you from the stands. you’d probably find it enough to put you off your duties. This lot have to perform at their best in those conditions. The players are still human beings. Small percentages in performance will make big differences in outcome.

What I’m sensing here is a level of bitterness at inequality, which, frankly isn’t the footballers fault. As a society we currently tolerate this, and vote for politicians that permit its continuation. Don’t look to football to fix that, that’s politics.
Are the players human?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
City ground was absolutely rocking from the first minute. Maybe gave our players a bit of a fright after playing 120 minutes in silence at wembley at the weekend.

I joke, but forest were clearly massively boosted by the crowd.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly the 2nd half was probably our worst of the season and we didn't deserve anything from the game. Think we are now fighting for seventh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Am looking forward to Roberto's post match comments as its his 1st game that we've deserved to lose.
I think he’ll take the pressure off the players, give credit to Forest and issue a rallying call for the rest of the season

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sadly the 2nd half was probably our worst of the season and we didn't deserve anything from the game. Think we are now fighting for seventh
Don’t see why. 6th is definitely there for the taking as long as we win at the weekend.

Penalty scare aside, pretty comfortable first half tonight but the deflected goal was a kick in the guts for a team down in the dumps and tired after the weekend.

Thought tonight showed how sharp the players have to be to play our high risk & reward football successfully. To their credit, they are almost all of the time. Just one of those results that will happen sometimes against a team in desperate need of points - bounce back on Saturday and the table will look fine again.

Last edited:

I think they just look very mentally and physically tired which I think is probably to be expected after losing such a big game.
Mentally certainly - I think they couldn’t believe that second goal we conceded, and neither could most of us watching

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports