Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gave the ball away more times tonight than I’ve seen all season
That was my impression. Mentally tired

In a strange way, losing to a good footballing side, 'resting and going again' may prove ( I hope) to be a good thing

giving points to forest is better than 5 of the teams we have to play

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We are not ready for any European football,
Squad not big enough or good enough
If we did qualify, I think we would do rather well.

The problem we have is that Aston Villa have emerged from the pack.

Have a look at all the other sides. They have one thing in common- size and resource.

However much RDZ says it, however much others say it, we cannot compete with that. And, rather sensibly, Tony won't get his cheque book out to try and match it.

It's the facts of the game in England. About 70 other clubs look at our resources and also say 'we can't compete with that'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Forest set up well. They played very well (bar the usual theatrics every time someone looked at them). We helped them out with some wayward passes. Was always going to be a tough game tonight. The added time didn’t help meaning 225 minutes for some players in a few days.

plus sides; good save from Steele on the pen, Offiah debut, Buananotte scoring, Undav on target, no further obvious injuries and 2 days to recoup before Saturday.

One of those days tonight.

Thank God for small mercies.

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
If we want Europa league football, we need to get used to playing a lot more midweek and weekend games. Possible long midweek trips to Hungry, Poland, Serbia and Azerbaijan and so on.
We do indeed but you’ve got to imagine if we do get into Europe much needed depth in numbers will be added to the squad. We unfortunately at the minute don’t have them numbers and it’s taking it’s toll on us at the moment.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Commentators always go on about scoring just before half-time being a 'great time to score'. I don't think it's ever been epitomised as much as tonight. It changed the game totally.

We always seem to struggle when we're playing a team who are really 'up for it'. Tonight was no exception
All teams do! We’re not special. The scrappy underdog has his day a lot

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Skipper had a 'mare, Moises was uncharacteristically sloppy and Navas made some great saves. Fair play to Trees: they must have sensed that we were leggy, and they really upped the aggressiveness in the second half - we responded poorly. Forest fans were immense too - what a noise.

A completely understandable off day but forest fully deserved the win
Yeh apart from the second bit of the first half when we could have put them to the sword, Forest competed superbly

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Sorry but where does the mentality quote fit in to having a bad day at the office when you’re earning £50,000 a week as a football player. I’m an ex prison officer who was on £30,000 a year and the mental side of that was far more taxing than what you’re suggesting for a pro footballer.
Earnings don’t determine stress levels. If 20000 inmates were not locked up and screaming at you from the stands. you’d probably find it enough to put you off your duties. This lot have to perform at their best in those conditions. The players are still human beings. Small percentages in performance will make big differences in outcome.

What I’m sensing here is a level of bitterness at inequality, which, frankly isn’t the footballers fault. As a society we currently tolerate this, and vote for politicians that permit its continuation. Don’t look to football to fix that, that’s politics.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Just need to draw a line under it and hope RDZ can work his magic leading up to Wolves Sunday. We aren’t the first and certainly won’t be the last team to have. A hangover performance after losing a big game on pens. Really need some of the injured players to get back for the run in too. As promising as they are Enciso and Facundo not ready to be starting premier league games and should be coming off the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here