Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Forest set up well. They played very well (bar the usual theatrics every time someone looked at them). We helped them out with some wayward passes. Was always going to be a tough game tonight. The added time didn’t help meaning 225 minutes for some players in a few days.

plus sides; good save from Steele on the pen, Offiah debut, Buananotte scoring, Undav on target, no further obvious injuries and 2 days to recoup before Saturday.

One of those days tonight.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’m sorry but am I the only one who thinks working a hard shift in Sunday excuses you for a poor shift on Wednesday. I’m knocking on 60 and been labouring for the past three days. Got to put the same heavy shift in again tomorrow. Yeah I know I’m gonna get some abuse but just putting it out there.
Its been a long time since I played 90 minutes . . . And I've NEVER been anywhere near professionally fit, but yeah . . .3 days is enough to recover.

except. . .

Bruises, niggles, injuries and associated physical/mental injuries.

digging a hole is tiring . . . Digging a clean straight hole, is rewarding.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
plus sides; good save from Steele on the pen, Offiah debut, Buananotte scoring, Undav on target, no further obvious injuries and 2 days to recoup before Saturday.

One of those days tonight.
You're counting just 2 days to recoup before Saturday as a plus!? After how knackered they looked tonight? I wish it was a week to recoup before Wolves!

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
The deflected goal before half time turned the game. We were dominant until that point and it completely lifted Forest. They had our measure in the second half and we faded for obvious reasons. The Europa League is still a possibility with a lot of games to go, but I think tonight may drain some belief.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forrest fully deserved it tonight, very leggy performance after 120 minutes only 3 days ago at Wembley. Can’t play to the best every game, poor performance but some of the chat going on in here is border line ridiculous! We bounce back and go again Saturday. Up the Albion.
Apart from beating a woeful Chelsea by the odd goal in three, we haven't bounced since being put in our proper place by PGMOL two and a half weeks ago. That result is starting to grate more and more with time, rage and frustration not fading at all.

It's fast locking into position alongside 1978 and 2016 as a permanent grievance!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Forest crowd were up for it, players closed us down cleverly, and we were a bit off.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Horrible game that. Fair play to Forest. The crowd pushed them on and some of our own goal, misses and poor passing let them in.

We were up for it and had energy but didn't play well enough. So many poor performances. We couldn't handle their crowd and their running. We got caught up in it all.

Maybe missing out on Europe won't be such a bad thing. No bollocks to that. regroup Albion and get the basics right.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A completely understandable off day but forest fully deserved the win
It's very rare that we've sort of self imploded, like tonight.
The players will know that they've not been at their normal high standards.
Sat will be a different day, so I think the usual NSC self destruct button needs to be turned off.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We've had a bad night a few days after giving everything for 120 minutes at Wembley. They're obviously physically and mentally tired. Forest needed a win, are fighting for their lives at the bottom, and were clearly up for it. Im not going to have a tantrum about losing.

Forrest fully deserved it tonight, very leggy performance after 120 minutes only 3 days ago at Wembley. Can’t play to the best every game, poor performance but some of the chat going on in here is border line ridiculous! We bounce back and go again Saturday. Up the Albion.
Both of this. We were running on empty 2nd half and it didn't help with their lucky injury time 1st half goal. Tired minds and tired bodies. We didn't have enough experience when up against it 2nd half. Will we recover by Saturday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here