Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
Sorry but where does the mentality quote fit in to having a bad day at the office when you’re earning £50,000 a week as a football player. I’m an ex prison officer who was on £30,000 a year and the mental side of that was far more taxing than what you’re suggesting for a pro footballer.

Obviously completely different sides mentally. Your point here is completely invalid and makes you look like a tit.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The usual story against teams that defend deep. We don’t have enough up front to break teams like that down. But that second Forest goal was a disaster. Dunk didn’t need to make the pass, he put Caicedo under pressure, and Colwill was wrong-footed.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sorry but where does the mentality quote fit in to having a bad day at the office when you’re earning £50,000 a week as a football player. I’m an ex prison officer who was on £30,000 a year and the mental side of that was far more taxing than what you’re suggesting for a pro footballer.
Okay - I guess I meant 'deflating' (in the mind). After the combination of the Spurs fiasco, and Sunday, I felt very deflated and almost as though 'that's it then' - especially when looking at the pile up of games to come. It must have an effect on the ability to put in that extra bit of effort. Take away 5% of our normal effort - and we drop quite a lot.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Champions League chance gone now.

But we still have a chance of Europe if we can get over Solly’s penalty miss.
On the basis of tonight perhaps we're not quite ready for the CL anyway.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The usual story against teams that defend deep. We don’t have enough up front to break teams like that down. But that second Forest goal was a disaster. Dunk didn’t need to make the pass, he put Caicedo under pressure, and Colwill was wrong-footed.
Don't think Caicedo was blameless either. We play a lot of passes we don't need to make - Caicedo simply wasn't switched on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Need to get back to the Amex and pray Ferguson gets fit.

Thank God for Betfair overrating low budget us, with silly odds.

IMG_3900.png

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Don’t begrudge Forest this, they were better on the night. We did look tired in the second half, though loved the way Mitoma and March kept running throughout.

A forgivable lapse from our usual high standards, and no lack of effort on our part, but a slight mental and physical fatigue. Forest played this like a cup final and deserved the win.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Forrest fully deserved it tonight, very leggy performance after 120 minutes only 3 days ago at Wembley. Can’t play to the best every game, poor performance but some of the chat going on in here is border line ridiculous! We bounce back and go again Saturday. Up the Albion.
Forest_Gump_Character.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And you never had a day at work where you were not your best? What you earn is irrelevant, if you put your heart into something and it doesn't come off, it knocks you a bit.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not nI’m sorry but am I the only one who thinks working a hard shift in Sunday excuses you for a poor shift on Wednesday. I’m knocking on 60 and been labouring for the past three days. Got to put the same heavy shift in again tomorrow. Yeah I know I’m gonna get some abuse but just putting it out there.
Not abuse, but worth pointing about the false equivalence.

However hard you work, you can't draw
parallels between normal work and elite athletes in a competitive sport.

For a start you aren't competing with others doing the same at the same time

That said of course, you clearly work bloody hard and footballers are paid far too much for their version of "work".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here