Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We all think about our improved goalscoring as a cornerstone of our success under De Zerbi, but one stat that jumped out at me this morning was our defence - second best in the PL in 2023...

If you hadn't posted those stats, off the top of my head, I would have said we were only in the top 7 or 8 for goals conceded. My perception is in part due to discussions when RDZ first joined us - we expected there to be more goals for and more goals conceded. But your data shows we are performing like a top 4 team. Maybe it's the 60% average possession we are achieving, which also puts us in 4th spot. How can teams hurt us if they can't get the ball?

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
As it stands, unless either Manchester club have a major form problem, 7th is good enough for at least one European game.
Do you mean at least a 2-legged tie?
And could that be against a Gibraltar team (was thinking of holidaying there!)

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/official-matchday-thread-33-forest-v-brighton-and-hove-albion-the-„gaëtan-bong-derby“-wednesday-26th-april-kick-off-7-30pm.51188/page-8

“Gaetan Bong Derby’ :lolol:
It's only quite recently I realised that Gaëtan is his middle name.

He'd have been far more fun as Tom Bong...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Do you mean at least a 2-legged tie?
And could that be against a Gibraltar team (was thinking of holidaying there!)
7th (which I fear we will struggle with now) would mean the Europa Conference League Play Offs.

22/23:
West Ham played Viborg of Denmark and won 6-1 over two legs.

21/22
Tottenham beat Pacos of Portugal 3-1

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can foresee mucho disputo around the pubs of Sussex as the plastics want City v Arsenal on. I don't envy the bar staff.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
From the BBC article on team news:

'Brighton are averaging 18.8 shots and 7.2 shots on target per game in the Premier League in 2023, more than any side in the division.'

Wow.

Edit: I've jinxed it haven't I?
Not just comparable to the premier league but the best in Europe.

IMG-20230423-WA0002.jpg

My mate sent me this just before we predictably failed to score on Sunday :lolol:

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
We all think about our improved goalscoring as a cornerstone of our success under De Zerbi, but one stat that jumped out at me this morning was our defence - second best in the PL in 2023...

Not to be a Debby downer but I presume this is due to us playing less games than pretty much everyone else in the league due to the FA Cup run? Makes the goalscoring more impressive and the defence less impressive (but still good) which aligns with what we see on the pitch imo

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This will be my first visit to Meadow Lane for a quite a few years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hoping the boys bounce back tonight, they deserve it
It would be huge to get 3 points tonight to take into Saturday.

If Spurs get beaten at Old Trafford Thurs, then if were to pick up another 3 on Saturday, with Liverpool v Spurs, and Villa at Old Trafford on Sunday, we'd jump to 5th Saturday night with games in hand and the pressure back on the others.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Not an easy one to predict - so many variables.

How will we react after weekend? How will Forest react after recent results around them? How will we perform with new faces starting?

I‘d describe Forest as a ‘hustle and bustle’ side. Lots of energy, more physical than most PL teams but also lacking in polish and cutting edge.

Not many Albion draws so I’m going 1-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here