Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes, we almost certainly should be three more points to the good this evening, but shit happened. With the years you've been following The Albion, I'd have thought that you'd be more aware than most of the likelihood of snatching a draw from the jaws of victory! Ankergren dropped another (albeit major) clanger today, but it sounded like he made a number of fine saves throughout the game until the disaster. I can't believe Brezovan would've got through 90-odd minutes without dropping a major clanger either, so without TK we're always gonna be on edge. Let's just hope he's back for Tuesday & performs to his usual high standard then eh? We'll certainly need him between the sticks for the final push if we're to stand a real chance of going up.

I actually feel sorry for Casper, would not wish what he must be feeling like tonight on anyone, the biggest shame of it all is unless he is made of iron, his nerves must now be shot. I would be very surprised if he is in goal against Charlton, its too risky, lets hope the PIG is fit or we will see Brez. I'm sorry but for me the mistakes today are unforgivable I honestly cannot see anything good about it, especially as I thought it was a very good performance today and we should have won 2-0 or 2-1.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Can't really complain with a draw on these stats

Match statistics:

Nottingham Forest:
Shots 12
On target 7
Possession 59%
Corners 12
Fouls 15

Brighton & Hove Albion:
Shots 6
On target 5
Possession 41%
Corners 3
Fouls 7

Was the result fair?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
It was a great point, although frustrating to give them that equaliser. Can't believe the pillock along from me almost bursting a blood vessel with the constant venom towards Casper..yes, he ****ed up, but keep supporting the team to the end.

it was a great point, and Casper made some great stops too. Onwards and upwards. We're in the playoffs FFS!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yes, we almost certainly should be three more points to the good this evening, but shit happened. With the years you've been following The Albion, I'd have thought that you'd be more aware than most of the likelihood of snatching a draw from the jaws of victory! Ankergren dropped another (albeit major) clanger today, but it sounded like he made a number of fine saves throughout the game until the disaster. I can't believe Brezovan would've got through 90-odd minutes without dropping a major clanger either, so without TK we're always gonna be on edge. Let's just hope he's back for Tuesday & performs to his usual high standard then eh? We'll certainly need him between the sticks for the final push if we're to stand a real chance of going up. Mind you, even the mighty PIG isn't immune from making a major gaff from time to time... :wink:

It is only partly Flappergren's fault. Poyet should not have made them sit so deep and take so much pressure. We looked good going forward, but always weak when we defended. We got what our negative tactics deserved.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
2 shots, 2 goals, 1 point, deserved naff all!!! I will take that.

That is not really the whole story though. We looked good going forward, but only did what was needed to go one goal up each time. Poyet's negative tactics cost us two more points.

This team is looking like real promotion contenders - when will Poyet allow them to show it for 90 mins?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I actually feel sorry for Casper, would not wish what he must be feeling like tonight on anyone, the biggest shame of it all is unless he is made of iron, his nerves must now be shot. I would be very surprised if he is in goal against Charlton, its too risky, lets hope the PIG is fit or we will see Brez. I'm sorry but for me the mistakes today are unforgivable I honestly cannot see anything good about it, especially as I thought it was a very good performance today and we should have won 2-0 or 2-1.

I'm sure his nerves are shot tonight; & I bet he'll be harder on himself for his howler than anyone else can be towards him too. Even before the last couple of appearances, I thought this would be his last season with us - & I'd be extremely surprised if PB stays beyond the Summer too. If we were to go up, they'll be 2 of many who'll be looking for employment elsewhere: & if we don't it'll surely depend on whether our manager decides to hang about for another year. Either way, one or both will be playing for a team/s we're bound to draw in the Cup, & they'll doubtless put in world-class performances! :lolol:

Happy Easter. :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
2 shots, 2 goals, 1 point, deserved naff all!!! I will take that.

Did you go. We should and could have been 2 up before we scored.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It is only partly Flappergren's fault. Poyet should not have made them sit so deep and take so much pressure. We looked good going forward, but always weak when we defended. We got what our negative tactics deserved.

Fair comment. You know, without fail I always expect us to concede when we attempt to defend a goal lead - & today was another case in point (twice!). I didn't go today & listened to the game on Radio Sussex (as you do), and although the nature of their final equaliser wasn't exactly what I was expecting: the fact that it seemed inevitable supports your observations perfectly! I don't know if it's down to players or the management tbh (probs a combination of the 2...), but frankly I'd be surprised if it doesn't do the heads of most Albion supporters in every time it happens. Frustrating. And then some. :annoyed:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fair comment. You know, without fail I always expect us to concede when we attempt to defend a goal lead - & today was another case in point (twice!). I didn't go today & listened to the game on Radio Sussex (as you do), and although the nature of their final equaliser wasn't exactly what I was expecting: the fact that it seemed inevitable supports your observations perfectly! I don't know if it's down to players or the management tbh (probs a combination of the 2...), but frankly I'd be surprised if it doesn't do the heads of most Albion supporters in every time it happens. Frustrating. And then some. :annoyed:
Gus is a control freak when it comes to football and he seems to love the "chess game" approach to making tactical changes... I think it is usually to our disbenefit when the changes are to bring on more defensive players and to try and hold onto a lead rather than keep doing what got us the lead...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Never could we of been 2 up before we scored sorry mate you have even been banging back the jäger big time or you were watching a different game to me and guys around me!!

They should have had a couple first half, lets be clear. But Ulloa bent one round the post when he probably should have hit the target, then had a volley cleared off the line which led to the corner we scored from. Then their keeper made a decent save from a header as well.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Can't really complain with a draw on these stats

Match statistics:

Nottingham Forest:
Shots 12
On target 7
Possession 59%
Corners 12
Fouls 15

Brighton & Hove Albion:
Shots 6
On target 5
Possession 41%
Corners 3
Fouls 7

Was the result fair?

TBF those stats mean **** all, first half we were poor, second half we were the better team. Just let down by a stupid keeper error.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In my 35 years of supporting Brighton I have never moaned once about any player or manager, that is now all going to change. Casper you are a clown of the highest order, that is unforgivable, you should not be allowed on the coach tonight, make your own way back to Brighton with the fans, then pack your bags and **** off, dont care if the pig is injured at least we have Brez. You have made too many mistakes in the past but today was schoolboy stuff. I watched Plymouth v Exeter earlier, bottom (ish) of Division 2 and you make their goalkeeper look like Gordon Banks, clear off we dont need your sort round here.

I assume you were at the match to post a comment like that.
I must be a bad fan cos I didnt go to Nottingham, but I listened to the radio commentry, and had Sky Sports on the telly, and even Jon Salako, who was so anti Brighton, said that Casper was man of the match.
Two seasons ago, Casper and Brez were good enough to win div 1 and last year they kept us in 10th place in the Championship, ok this year we have Koosh, who after Schmeichel is the best keeper in the division, but even he dropped a bollock at Birmingham in the last minute, was that acceptable, I dont remember you slagging him off after that faux pas.
It happens to every keeper, they make errors. Up till then, he was man of the match, if Forest had been 2 up before we scored, it wouldn't have mattered, but because of Casper they weren't, he kept us in the game.
Your post is an absolute disgrace, and before you throw the 35 years as a supporter at me, I have been watching them for 49 years, and I would never post such a pile of shit as what you have.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gus is a control freak when it comes to football and he seems to love the "chess game" approach to making tactical changes... I think it is usually to our disbenefit when the changes are to bring on more defensive players and to try and hold onto a lead rather than keep doing what got us the lead...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say he was fed up with us getting draws and hinting at a more all-out attacking game?!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In my 35 years of supporting Brighton I have never moaned once about any player or manager, that is now all going to change. Casper you are a clown of the highest order, that is unforgivable, you should not be allowed on the coach tonight, make your own way back to Brighton with the fans, then pack your bags and **** off, dont care if the pig is injured at least we have Brez. You have made too many mistakes in the past but today was schoolboy stuff. I watched Plymouth v Exeter earlier, bottom (ish) of Division 2 and you make their goalkeeper look like Gordon Banks, clear off we dont need your sort round here.

???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They should have had a couple first half, lets be clear. But Ulloa bent one round the post when he probably should have hit the target, then had a volley cleared off the line which led to the corner we scored from. Then their keeper made a decent save from a header as well.

Thank you. Neither was I drunk as I was driving but assume I was at the same game and with my own eyes saw those 2 chances.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Never could we of been 2 up before we scored sorry mate you have even been banging back the jäger big time or you were watching a different game to me and guys around me!!

Spanish Len had a good opportunity to open the scoring but put his shot wide and Upson's header were just 2 chances before we actually scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here