Nottingham Forest vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I imagine losing 3 points only twice over 46 games due to a goalkeeping error is probably par for the course for every Championship team, no? Doesn't sound like a series of catastrophes.

How many other last minute keeping errors have cost teams in this division this season? There probably have been some, but can't remember too many. It's not just the goalkeeping errors though...

It would have been an absolutely massive win for us today were it not for that schoolboy error. What on earth was he doing?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That really is a right load of knee-jerk, Googling rubbish. Go & get some fresh air FFS. :rolleyes:

I had plenty of fresh air earlier thank you, 2-1 up away to Forest, very important game and not 1 error but 2, the second is unbelievable. He made some good saves earlier but that is what he is there for. Cannot believe people are saying that it is ok and take the draw, that was 3 points in the bag, thrown away by Casper. And (apart from the sending off) Ashley gets pelters on here.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone on the radio, someone else on here exhibiting the attitude:

"Casper is awful, yeah he made some good saves, but that's his job"

Now, I know a lot of us are emotional and reacting immediately, but for me this sort of attitude is the sign of someone who doesn't want to give one of our players any credit. You get it with Barnes and Dicker and Brezovan. If they do something well "they're doing their job", if something isn't so well, it's a sign of the true nature of player.

Casper and Brez between them got us a top ten finish last season. Yes, they both make mistakes, more regularly than we'd like, but that is why they are back up keepers now.

Kuszcak was out, our options were Brez, Casper, or a kid. Some people on here don't want to rely on kids up front, so why do they want them in goal?

Casper and Brez are both believed to "make a mistake in every game"*, so either way fans should have expected it. Either way our fans would be slaughtering a keeper.

Brez hasn't played since Huddersfield (where a late mistake led to them getting a goal and making the last few minutes uncomfortable, though we still won). Casper played more recently v premier league opposition, playing well v Newcastle, making a very good late save from a Greer (?) deflection, and didn't make any major howler v Arsenal.

If Kuszczak is not fit, I would still play Casper v Charlton (as long as he isn't showing signs of struggling to get over the mistake in training), because Kuszczak made a pub football type mistake v Blackburn costing us points and followed that up with a month of great performances earning a nomination for player of the month, and I could see Casper making the same recovery.

Frustrating and disappointing to lose in such fashion, but put it in perspective, 7 first teamers out, leaving us to chose between two error-prone back up keepers, playing a team in form (6 on the bounce), on the back of two away losses, with other results going our way, and putting us back in the play offs. So many of us were willing to take a point. I think when people have a chance to calm down, the will realise this isn't the worst it could have been.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Sounds like Caspar had a pretty good game up until his howler. Just remember the times are player have missed penalties! These are also game changing moments. As many have said I think realistically we would all have settled for a draw before kick off.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't believe some of the comments on here... A draw is a great result... It could have been better but could far more easily have been significantly worse.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Well, I've sat back and read all the comments, Ive lived every kick of the game and gone through the whole spectrum of emotions, felt elation and despondency but I still feel really bad. Still I, and am sure most of us would have taken the point at 15-00 hrs. Take a look at the table I know it could have been so much better but it really does'nt make bad reading does it.SEAGULLS

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I had plenty of fresh air earlier thank you, 2-1 up away to Forest, very important game and not 1 error but 2, the second is unbelievable. He made some good saves earlier but that is what he is there for. Cannot believe people are saying that it is ok and take the draw, that was 3 points in the bag, thrown away by Casper. And (apart from the sending off) Ashley gets pelters on here.

Yes, we almost certainly should be three more points to the good this evening, but shit happened. With the years you've been following The Albion, I'd have thought that you'd be more aware than most of the likelihood of snatching a draw from the jaws of victory! Ankergren dropped another (albeit major) clanger today, but it sounded like he made a number of fine saves throughout the game until the disaster. I can't believe Brezovan would've got through 90-odd minutes without dropping a major clanger either, so without TK we're always gonna be on edge. Let's just hope he's back for Tuesday & performs to his usual high standard then eh? We'll certainly need him between the sticks for the final push if we're to stand a real chance of going up. Mind you, even the mighty PIG isn't immune from making a major gaff from time to time... :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports