[News] Notting Hill Carnival

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reducing stop and search must shirley be the way forward to reduce knife crime

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...my-power-to-cut-stop-and-search-a2924706.html

Sadiq Khan: 'I’d do everything in my power to cut stop and search'

Excellent research. An article from 2015.

Latest news.PNG

With that level of dedication you should be able to stop knife crime yourself, single handedly. Shirley.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Embarrassing and not a little mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's incredible how how much urban conspiracy bullshit is ignored by the media. As Truss would say This Is A DISGRACE!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
funny how such a big deal is made out of a 16 year old lad who may have passed away after taking a tablet at a festival but very little in the press regarding the illnesses and deaths caused by a government sanctioned vaccination drive .....whilst the former is a tragedy if or if not drug related the hundreds of health issues such as myocarditis and carditis in young people post jab has been largely ignored by the press........hypocricy at its best/worst/finest

And a thumbs up from our resident stalker of people of colour, with a portfolio of juicy stories dating back at least 6 years, step forward, [MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION].

Hipocricy indeed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I dunno …. some support defund the police, some see UK police as a universally corrupt outfit, wronguns.

Crikey. I can't think of one NSC poster who supports 'defund the police' and considers them universally corrupt :eek: ???

For this to be the case, and to be worthy of your comments above, I would expect to see at least five regular posters supporting the defunding. One maverick is no more an issue than the occasional flights of fantasy from Sydney.

This war against the police would be a nefarious conspiracy, indeed, and I would very much to see such villains smoked out.

Would you care to present the evidence?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
There has been trouble at the carnival , I can remember back in the 70s and 80s some of the violence was awful

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's incredible how how much urban conspiracy bullshit is ignored by the media. As Truss would say This Is A DISGRACE!

i'm not going to argue with you mate , my wife is a nurse , she's looked after some of these young people who have had issues within 24 hrs , as a % the number may be small but it is real and it has not been reported on to the extent that an "apparent party drug " related death has been pushed around by the press , it's a bad joke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i'm not going to argue with you mate , my wife is a nurse , she's looked after some of these young people who have had issues within 24 hrs , as a % the number may be small but it is real and it has not been reported on to the extent that an "apparent party drug " related death has been pushed around by the press , it's a bad joke.

How reliable is your (and your wife's) pattern recognition skills? Andrew Wakefield felt he had identified a pattern of MMR vaccination and autism. He was a trained medic. But he is not a trained scientist, familiar with the scientific method, and the conduct of a 'fair test'. He ended up ridiculed and thrown out of the medical profession, whence he appears to have lost his mind and decided to monetize the spreading of conspiracy theories. There is no link between MMR and autism. This does not stop a global network (of, in my view, mugs and cranks) continuing to promote this crap. Kids have died because their parents have refused to get them vaccinated, so it is more than a matter of opinion and personal choice. The overwhelming evidence says that Covid vaccination is safer than being not vaccinated. If you're rather not be vaccinated, that's your choice, but this may come with some consequences depending on local regs.

But you knew all that, I'm sure.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...irus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

You comments comparing a vaccine that has saved tens of thousands of lives in the UK with the safety of recreational drugs that may on occasion kill the user is fatuous. Recreational drugs have not saved tens of thousands of people in the last 18 months in the UK alone, as far as I am aware.

The risk:benefit relationship is a continuum, and it is folly to use human pattern recognition as the arbiter. You have to use a fair test (appropriate sampling, mitigation against confounds, and reasonable statistical testing). Humans are notoriously poor at risk assessment, and always filter it based on the desired outcome. Consider the outcry against drink driving laws in the 1960s. Today we are used to a bit of restraint in that department. The very same people who have a fear of flying may consider having a few ciggies to be safe. And as for unsafe sex.... And so on. :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i don't think the pattern recognition skills of my wife are relevant when young people are being taken to hospital with arythmia and tachiacardia and being kept in for 5 or 6 days and being diagnosed with myocarditis , i am triple jabbed myself and i was ****ed for a good few days after the 3rd one ....pfizer , pfizer , moderna before you ask.I Got ridiculously short of breath upon exerting myself , dizzy spells and racing heart. i'm not doubting the effectiveness of the vax against covid , i am merely pointing out the disparity in reporting the effects of it on some as opposed to the fanfare involved around this unfortunate lad who may or may not have died as a result of swallowing a dodgy pill.

there is data out there and there is actually a vaccination injury register with over 110k incidents reported in Australia alone. So yes , the vaccine may have done it's job but it has had adverse effects on some.
Bloody horseshoe bats eh...?? ********....:rolleyes:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
i don't think the pattern recognition skills of my wife are relevant when young people are being taken to hospital with arythmia and tachiacardia and being kept in for 5 or 6 days and being diagnosed with myocarditis , i am triple jabbed myself and i was ****ed for a good few days after the 3rd one ....pfizer , pfizer , moderna before you ask.I Got ridiculously short of breath upon exerting myself , dizzy spells and racing heart. i'm not doubting the effectiveness of the vax against covid , i am merely pointing out the disparity in reporting the effects of it on some as opposed to the fanfare involved around this unfortunate lad who may or may not have died as a result of swallowing a dodgy pill.

there is data out there and there is actually a vaccination injury register with over 110k incidents reported in Australia alone. So yes , the vaccine may have done it's job but it has had adverse effects on some.

Peer reviewed?

Share it, I'm interested as someone who's triple vaxed and previously diagnosed (20 years ago) with heart disease.

BHF also recognises a risk of myocarditis but that's incredibly low.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pangolin, wasn't it? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peer reviewed?

Share it, I'm interested as someone who's triple vaxed and previously diagnosed (20 years ago) with heart disease.

BHF also recognises a risk of myocarditis but that's incredibly low.

If you follow my link in a post above you will see that there are thousands of reports in the UK of adverse reactions to the vaccines - but this is the yellow card system. A placebo causes adverse effects in 50% of people who take one. These are not medicine-induced adverse effects. And even if there are medicine- (i.e. vaccine)-induced adverse effects, the bottom line is benefit with the vaccines greatly outweighs risk. I am not aware of a single death attributed to the vaccine. There may be people who took the vaccine and died shortly afterwards, but there are people who watch football matches and get run over shortly afterwards. It isn't cause and effect. Anyway....you know all that I would imagine.

All this is why we look at population effects when evaluating risk and benefit. We do not give one medicine to one person and ask if they feel ill. That's an anecdote, not an experiment. If we took that approach humans wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes, with reports of adverse effects of water, all the key food groups, and sexual intercourse, ending the human species before it had started.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

I had exactly the same side effects as you after my 3rd dose, I genuinely thought I was going to have a heart attack at one point, I was still suffering from breathlessness several weeks afterwards too.
I was far more ill from that then when I actually had covid !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Go outside

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lack of respect for authority is a major factor .

So let’s assume you are correct and BAME people have less respect for authority*. Why do you think that could possibly be?

*I don’t agree. I think old, white millionaires have far less respect for authority and the law. Look at our current crop of politicians and monopolistic CEO’s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports