Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Notting Hill Carnival

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strangely enough the figure that most surprised me was the number of reports of sexual assault. Is it really a common everyday occurrence, or has the definition changed dramatically over time?

What used to be accepted is no longer acceptable.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Then again that doesn't fit into your insidious racist agenda.

Happy to tell you about people I don’t normally care for. It is a bit tarring people with the same brush, but the population of Liverpool are not top of my popularity list generally speaking (there are exceptions of course). Carnival goers in West London are no issue to me.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Was also a death at the Leeds festival (the sister festival to Reading) due to drugs and several gang killings in Liverpool in the last few weeks.

Then again that doesn't fit into your insidious racist agenda.

There was a stabbing last Saturday night at Lewes Tescos, I imagine less than 2 million people use that so we should probably ban that too

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Although I agree, the fact is the black population is majorly over represented in crime and prison statistics. To suggest the reason for this is the colour of skin or attitude of an ethnic group is racist. To overlook the fact this group has been systematically disadvantaged in this country since a huge influx in 1950 would be shying away from the problem. Of course BAME groups will have higher crime rates if they have lower incomes, fewer opportunities, more exposure to unfair police, school and court systems. It's a huge problem in this country made much worse by racists and those who don't want to address the problem.

The stats do show certainly in London hugely disproportionate prison stats for the BAME population. Yes there may well be contributing reasons for that however I don’t think it’s reasonable to just accept it & use disadvantage as an excuse .

There are lots of far poorer and far more disadvantaged areas in the world and I am thinking specifically of places I’ve been to and seen in the Caribbean where the young black men are not involved in crime & work hard in very low paid jobs . There is also a degree of respect for older people that is not as common here .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The stats do show certainly in London hugely disproportionate prison stats for the BAME population. Yes there may well be contributing reasons for that however I don’t think it’s reasonable to just accept it & use disadvantage as an excuse .

There are lots of far poorer and far more disadvantaged areas in the world and I am thinking specifically of places I’ve been to and seen in the Caribbean where the young black men are not involved in crime & work hard in very low paid jobs . There is also a degree of respect for older people that is not as common here .

So what are you saying is the cause of BAME crime then? I’m confused.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
funny how such a big deal is made out of a 16 year old lad who may have passed away after taking a tablet at a festival but very little in the press regarding the illnesses and deaths caused by a government sanctioned vaccination drive .....whilst the former is a tragedy if or if not drug related the hundreds of health issues such as myocarditis and carditis in young people post jab has been largely ignored by the press........hypocricy at its best/worst/finest

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
funny how such a big deal is made out of a 16 year old lad who may have passed away after taking a tablet at a festival but very little in the press regarding the illnesses and deaths caused by a government sanctioned vaccination drive .....whilst the former is a tragedy if or if not drug related the hundreds of health issues such as myocarditis and carditis in young people post jab has been largely ignored by the press........hypocricy at its best/worst/finest

Fair play, that is simply incredible how you've taken this off topic, into conspiracy theory is such a short space of time.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Embarrassing and not a little mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the limited replies show that no one is daring to go there haha

Yes , damn those white kids at the festivals

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

E1C4BC6C-598D-4605-BC1B-70D050145D0B.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RIP Takayo Nembhard.

Controversially possibly on nsc?, I fully support all measures to catch knife and gun carriers, anything to prevent this unnecessary murders.

Come on. We all agree with you :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here