Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notel - plans rejected

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Poor from Barber.

The whole idea is to make money for the club. If they want to be philanthropic they don't need to build a hotel at all.

Major cock up by the club, smacks of arrogance and cockiness.

Just because councillors don't agree with the club it doesn't mean they are wrong

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But they failed, didn't they? It looked terrible.
I don't know, I didn't see all the detailed drawings or do a site visit. I don't know where people would mainly view it from, because when viewed with the Amex in the background, it looked to blend in well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know, I didn't see all the detailed drawings or do a site visit. I don't know where people would mainly view it from, because when viewed with the Amex in the background, it looked to blend in well.

I agree that it looked OK when viewed from the a27 with the Amex behind it, but from every other angle it looked a very bland modular design, for some reason I'd always imagined the hotel to have a sloping roof that continued the lines of the stadium.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
for some reason I'd always imagined the hotel to have a sloping roof that continued the lines of the stadium.
I think the planners felt the same, but the architects wanted it to have angular lines like the section of stadium that was behind it, and I can see the argument against a curved design that tries to look like a mini-stadium. Like I say though, I didn't see enough for a well informed opinion on it. The German Councillor liked it, others wanted a mini-stadium.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here