Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not top 6

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
and are not producing at the business end when play off teams do.

Like Forest (3 draws in a row), Palace (3 defeats and a draw), Watford (1 win in 5) or Leicester (1 win in 12)? Even the form team, Bolton lost 2 in a row the other week.

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
We have been drawing games all season why should that change now,the team is toothless and lacks desire to win.There is too much emphasis on passing and not enough on putting the ball in the onion bag.

This is surely the Gus philosphy isn't it? - if you draw the game, then you don't lose it. we've been playing that way since the week he took over! I'm not knocking it, but it's more than a coincidence that we rarely thump teams, & they rarely thump us! We are a defensive, cautious side.........

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whether we are better than last season or not is irrelevent,we have spent **** all on the team the pretty ground will not get us promoted or keep us out of the 3rd division only the team can do that.Sticking with Barnes and CMS has cost this club untold amount of money

Are you really a Brighton fan? Ive never seen you post anything positive on either accounts you have. I hope you live alone if your mentality is the same as this offline.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I just feel we are a bit short and are not producing at the business end when play off teams do. Sue me

obviously you missed how all the other teams in playoff contention have recently drawn or lost games too.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
As a side we are tough to beat, I'd rather play a second striker but we are top six because we consistantly pick up points, I know it sounds a daft comment but even when we play bad we gain a point when most teams lose.

We do need to turn a couple of draws into wins to secure a top six place and a Play Off.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
And before you al start blah blah blah

We might fluke top 6 but let's be honest we are probably about 7 th to 10 th best in the division.

Not fussed as championship amazing but let's not delude ourselves here . Be real

Loving it all the same

Utter bullshit.

If we finish 6th we absolutely deserve it.

Funny how we are still in the playoff positions with 5 games to go despite not getting results when other 'true' playoff chasers do. :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure Leicester fans will be saying they're not good enough for the play-offs too. The difference is they're 7th, so have more of a case.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The fact that we should really be in a automatic promotion place because we struggled for goals this season (until we signed Ulloa) and conceded too many late goals to deny us victories, is all our fault.
But the fact that In spite of all of this we are in 6th place with the joint best loss record and also having one of the meanest defences in the championship is all our fault as well. I.e we are a decent team and totally deserve to be where we are. We will make the playoffs but we will really have to up our game if we are to get promoted, will we do it? I'm not sure but we certainly have the talent to

Feb 3, 2013

We might fluke top 6 but let's be honest we are probably about 7 th to 10 th best in the division.

No, we are the best but have Gus in charge so shall always be 7th to 10th best while he's around.

Not fussed as championship amazing but let's not delude ourselves here . Be real

Loving it all the same

With the players we have we should be either top or 2nd. Gus is the problem. How many changes will he make next week? 2 - 3 - 4?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN !!! Oh & MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN ,,
Where were we in 1997 ????

Albion Rob

Have to say it hasn't 'felt' like a promotion chasing season this year. Far too many late goal conceded that have cost us points and far too many winnable games that just haven't gone our way.

That said, as above, the table doesn't lie and it's a tricky division. We wouldn't be the first team in history to be patchy all season, sneak in to the playoffs and thn hit form and go up.

For me' I'm just pleased that for the first time in over 20 years we've got a third successive year of second tier football to look forward to - if we end up going up then all the better, I just love being involved at this end of this division for a change....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
obviously you missed how all the other teams in playoff contention have recently drawn or lost games too.

Fair comment and not missed . Was sounding off a bit fuelled by many beers.

We shall see what transpires . Proud of the team regardless

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have to say it hasn't 'felt' like a promotion chasing season this year. Far too many late goal conceded that have cost us points and far too many winnable games that just haven't gone our way.

That said, as above, the table doesn't lie and it's a tricky division. We wouldn't be the first team in history to be patchy all season, sneak in to the playoffs and thn hit form and go up.

For me' I'm just pleased that for the first time in over 20 years we've got a third successive year of second tier football to look forward to - if we end up going up then all the better, I just love being involved at this end of this division for a change....

Good summary

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Although it has been a struggle to win of late we are in a good position to Claim a top 6 spot, on form we are better than Leceister & Palace over the last 4 Games and tied with Bolton & Forest(6 points). We have a real chance against Middlesbrough, great time to play them.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Loving it all the same

So....are palace top 6 material, after the proper bitchslapping we just gave them?

By the way, yesterday was a bigger success for us as we went one game closer to the season end without Leics closing the gap, and with us remaining in the playoffs.
I really doubt we will go up, Watford have been more deserving imho.
I can imagine palace v Watford as the decider, with Watford triumphant.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

Conversely, the many draws can be seen as proof we just missed out on several points we should have bagged.
Therefore we deserve to be in this position - with bells on.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

This is true. We must be getting better if we are in 6th but feel disappointed. Injuries have not helped things and shows that we do not have the strength in depth yet or are consistent enough, but this is only our 2nd year in the champs so not really surprising. A decent burst of form in the last 5 games, though, can see us into the play-offs and then anything can happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here