Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOT the 25 Man Squad - Loans, transfers and rumours

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jensen Weir off to Morecambe

Good luck to him - hope it goes better than last season. He seems a confident enough lad ...........

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/july/jensen-weir-signs-up-for-the-season/

Loans for next season coming together now. What next for Teddy Jenks after a torrid time 'oop north'? - and what to do with Andone (he is still ours, isn't he?), Zeqiri and Karbownik? Wonder which of last season's U23/21s will follow Leonard out on loan. Last season we started the season with six in the Championship and three in the SPL - don't think we'll match that this year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems confusing over Khadra, locally being reported as a loan to buy IF Sheff Utd get promoted. Others saying just a loan and a new contract being signed here. Or combination of both ? Good luck to him either way hope he gets some consistency to his game

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Should be a shoe-in then! (and yes, I do know it should actually be 'shoo-in'). :lolol:

Don't worry, I don't think anyone will boot you out for that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems confusing over Khadra, locally being reported as a loan to buy IF Sheff Utd get promoted. Others saying just a loan and a new contract being signed here. Or combination of both ? Good luck to him either way hope he gets some consistency to his game
It's certainly taken/is taking a fair bit of time. Reports that he's having a medical today, so it looks like some progress has been made.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good luck to him - hope it goes better than last season. He seems a confident enough lad ...........

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/july/jensen-weir-signs-up-for-the-season/

Loans for next season coming together now. What next for Teddy Jenks after a torrid time 'oop north'? - and what to do with Andone (he is still ours, isn't he?), Zeqiri and Karbownik? Wonder which of last season's U23/21s will follow Leonard out on loan. Last season we started the season with six in the Championship and three in the SPL - don't think we'll match that this year.

Teddy Jenks - guessing the club wants a Championship loan, but probably more interest from League One.

Andi Zeqiri - no problem. Think the club is looking for a loan in England but worst case scenario could just loan him to a top club in Switzerland.

Florin Andone - three options: the most likely imo is that he'll stick around like Locadia last season, second most likely is that he will get a mutual termination of his contract just when the transfer window closes, and least likely but maybe not impossible is that the club manages to find some club willing to take him on.

Karbo - almost daily reports on him in Polish media and seems quite clear that plenty of clubs (in Poland and elsewhere) are interested but he only wants to play midfield, which he has never really done on a first team level meaning not many reasonably good clubs are goiong to be able to guarantee him that.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

He’s gone from one of the biggest clubs in the Championship on loan and pushing for promotion, to potentially a side which will be fighting relegation. It won’t happen, if Hull were to sign a defender from us on loan it would be someone like Ed Turns or Antef Tsoungui

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'll add my name to the list of people surprised there's even a suggestion of Van Hecke going out on loan. We had an interview with him posted on the Albion social media pages very recently, it doesn't seem like the sort of move we would make if he was going to leave. Unless Clarke has moved ahead of him during pre-season, which seems unlikely - but possible as Clarke is naturally left footed and adds balance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s gone from one of the biggest clubs in the Championship on loan and pushing for promotion, to potentially a side which will be fighting relegation. It won’t happen, if Hull were to sign a defender from us on loan it would be someone like Ed Turns or Antef Tsoungui

But Blackburn finished 15th the season before we loaned him there. So they weren’t pushing promotion when we sent him on loan.

A fair few arrogant PL fans here, not every Championship club is desperate for a PL loan CB. If it was us at that level we’d be screaming PL arrogance

Game time is more important at a good level than making sure he’s going on loan to a top 6 championship team

Want to see progress, not more of the same. Standing still at this stage of his development is hardly any better than going backwards.

What kind of progress ? To which level ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Impressed as I have been with those two youngsters, I would say The Championship would be a leap too far for them this season. Would be delighted to see either or both of them with a decent League 1 or 2 loan this season though.

I'll add my name to the list of people surprised there's even a suggestion of Van Hecke going out on loan. We had an interview with him posted on the Albion social media pages very recently, it doesn't seem like the sort of move we would make if he was going to leave. Unless Clarke has moved ahead of him during pre-season, which seems unlikely - but possible as Clarke is naturally left footed and adds balance.
I'd have no problem with Clarke staying, TBH. As far as Van Hecke is concerned, if he is to go on loan I'd want it to be to maybe one of the promoted clubs in the PL - let him cut his teeth in the PL with someone else to make him more PL ready for us in 2023-24.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also a bit surprised but not shocked exactly. If it is between Duffy/Clarke/Van Hecke who gets the one or two squad sports behind Dunk/Webster/Veltman, then it makes the most sense to send Van Hecke on loan as he is in the age where he will gain much from getting regular game time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Khadra gone to Sheffield United - season long loan.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2690610/reda-khadra-joins-sheffield-united-on-loan/

Wonder what the deal is on this one? Apparantly the sticking point was that we wanted a sale, they wanted a loan. Suggestions it would be a loan with an obligation to buy - but only if the Blades got promoted. Couldn't see what was in it for us with that - if they missed out on promotion, Khadra would just walk away for free........

If it's a loan only - as the Albion website seems to suggest - he can still presumably walk away for free next year, unless he's signed a new deal. I wonder what we'll eventually get to find out here. Whichever way it goes, losing him for nothing in 12 months time wouldn't be good news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here