My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lost four games.....all 1-0 (or 0-1)
Scored 5 at home
won 3-1 Away
Playing good football
Best squad for decades (yes decades)
Best average attendances so far in this division.
Never look outclassed.
Still near the play-off positions
Corners nearing completion, capacity will increase in time for the run-in games, and or attractive F.A Cup games
Come on peeps we are living the high life at the moment......lets take it all in!:clap:

Camicus

This time last year we had 1 more point and were 1 place higher so not sure if there is the improvment we thought. However Im more than happy to be safe in the championship

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Agreed. A good time to be an albion fan.

Yes, saturdays draw with bolton was annoying, but it does show how far we've come when we can totally outplay an ex-premier league team like that and be moaning about how we should have won.. i'd rather a disappointing draw with bolton than back to the years of playing crap football against leyton orient.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Scored 5 at home
won 3-1 Away
Playing good football
Never look outclassed.
Corners nearing completion, capacity will increase in time for the run-in games, and or attractive F.A Cup games
Come on peeps we are living the high life at the moment......lets take it all in!:clap:

Couldn't agree more, but don't say it too loudly, we'd have nothing to talk about otherwise....FFS Barnes etc etc etc

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Scored 5 at home
won 3-1 Away
Playing good football
Never look outclassed.

Damn right! Some people need to wake up and smell the Roses...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Never look outclassed.
Come on peeps we are living the high life at the moment......lets take it all in!:clap:[/QUOTE]

we will win the FA cup the first team to win it outside the top division since West Ham won it in 1980 ,it'll be 2013 30 years on since our last final in 1983

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do find it a little unbelievable that a proportion on here would be happy for the current manager to move on. Staggered, I'm fact. When was the last time we had such a hungry manager with great plans for the future?

Whether or not you agree with his selections/tactics, he is the man in charge and has seen to ensuring we are comfortably a Championship side.

We can argue all day about him having the backing to achieve that, but plenty of managers have failed with large sums of money.

I'm not suggesting we hark back to a plucky 1-0 victory against Boston in the JPT, in front of 2,024, and proclaim how far we have come since then.

Just have a bit of patience and enjoy the now.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Not true about last year at the same stage. After 18 games last year we had 26 points and a goal difference of 0, so we are 2 points better off and 9 goals better off. I don't know where we were in thetable after 18 games but this year is better, and playing miles better too.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Best Brighton team I've ever seen. Highest crowds in the league. Superb new stadium. Players giving 100%, win lose or draw.

Couldn't be happier. Well, actually I could, if the moaning sods immediately behind me would just go and sit in the away end where they belong. :thumbsup:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Not true about last year at the same stage. After 18 games last year we had 26 points and a goal difference of 0, so we are 2 points better off and 9 goals better off. I don't know where we were in thetable after 18 games but this year is better, and playing miles better too.

We were 11th after 18 games last season

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Scored 5 at home
won 3-1 Away
Playing good football
Never look outclassed.

a very reasonable and not untimely assessment

:thumbsup:

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I do find it a little unbelievable that a proportion on here would be happy for the current manager to move on. Staggered, I'm fact. When was the last time we had such a hungry manager with great plans for the future?

Whether or not you agree with his selections/tactics, he is the man in charge and has seen to ensuring we are comfortably a Championship side.

We can argue all day about him having the backing to achieve that, but plenty of managers have failed with large sums of money.

I'm not suggesting we hark back to a plucky 1-0 victory against Boston in the JPT, in front of 2,024, and proclaim how far we have come since then.

Just have a bit of patience and enjoy the now.

BoF agree totally with you on this point. As you wander through life it can change in an instant. You have to enjoy the here and now.

BHA BHA BHA

D

Deleted member 2719

Scored 5 at home
won 3-1 Away
Playing good football
Never look outclassed.

Bleeding eck mate, we can all pick the positives but the long and short of it we still don't convert enough chances, which equals points,we will only know at the end of the season how much this repeated dropping of 2 points has really hurt us.
When we convert to goals and get the ruthless streak up top i will be happy? Why, cos goals win games.

This missing opportunities is frustrating whether we are near the top or bottom.

Time for change tuesday up top.

:p

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bleeding eck mate, we can all pick the positives but the long and short of it we still don't convert enough chances, which equals points,we will only know at the end of the season how much this repeated dropping of 2 points has really hurt us.
When we convert to goals and get the ruthless streak up top i will be happy? Why, cos goals win games.

This missing opportunities is frustrating whether we are near the top or bottom.

Time for change tuesday up top.

:p

Bleedin' 'eck mate we can all pick the negatives but the long and short of it is listed in my original post. We have come a long way but many people are letting the negatives blind themselves to the GOOD things that are happening to this club. We have not a divine right to success and it has to be earned, sometimes the hard way. We would all have loved to have won yesterday and against Leeds and Wolves but always remember we are playing sides that are in the same situation as us.....they want to win too, some with more resources and experience than us. We may have thrown those points away but Bolton also wanted something out of the game and they did through experience, graft and not to mention skill.
We will pick up points we dont deserve and lose many more we should have won...............lets just enjoy the good football that is being served up and be grateful we are not being beaten by Mansfield in the cup in the pouring rain at Withdean eh?

Squad rotation may come into play anyway on Tuesday!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports