Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not sure why everyone’s so upset about results on the pitch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We’ve just made £120 million profit, are widely regarded by football writers as “well run” and have a long term plan to be successful.

Surely that’s enough for working class fans paying hundreds of pounds a month to follow us all over the country? :shrug:

:moo:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We’ve just made £120 million profit, are widely regarded by football writers as “well run” and have a long term plan to be successful.

Surely that’s enough for working class fans paying hundreds of pounds a month to follow us all over the country? :shrug:

Think more fans would be happy with £100 million loss.......Just beaten City and Arsenal and are comfortable for another European adventure next season

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I’m guessing that everyone being sarky about the £100m+ profit wasn’t around in the 90s, and has no recollection of us scraping along on zero money at Withdean.
I want this club to exist (and be thriving) in 10 years’ time (and beyond, obvs). I don’t want the strategy that has been so successful for the past decade to suddenly be ditched. De Zerbi is still learning - and he may have to carry on that learning elsewhere - but let’s not criticise the club for being prudent. Especially given our past 😊

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’m guessing that everyone being sarky about the £100m+ profit wasn’t around in the 90s, and has no recollection of us scraping along on zero money at Withdean.
I want this club to exist (and be thriving) in 10 years’ time (and beyond, obvs). I don’t want the strategy that has been so successful for the past decade to suddenly be ditched. De Zerbi is still learning - and he may have to carry on that learning elsewhere - but let’s not criticise the club for being prudent. Especially given our past 😊

Quite, long time fans knew this fantastic sojourn to the upper reaches of the PL was likely to be short lived and yes we might be back in the Championship in a season or two. We’ll get over it, the recent fans may find another team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite, long time fans knew this fantastic sojourn to the upper reaches of the PL was likely to be short lived and yes we might be back in the Championship in a season or two. We’ll get over it, the recent fans may find another team.
Legacy fans like me aren’t just disillusioned with our current form, but the PL and so called Elite football in general. We’ve hit what’s the point yet we’re all addicts.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
we all laugh but this has been the serious, uncompromising narrative from several posters on here for several months. delusional doesn’t begin to cut it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This you?

f*** off RDZ, you don’t go toe to toe with the top teams when you are a SMALL club with a ridiculous injury list. Naive in the extreme and setting yourself up for a stuffing. He needs to move on to a club who can play his way with the players to do it.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Think more fans would be happy with £100 million loss.......Just beaten City and Arsenal and are comfortable for another European adventure next season
Just let that settle in for a second. You'd rather we had one season in Europe next season (which could end in the group stage) and make a £100m loss, than be in the position we are?

Are you a Pompey fan?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Great....are we gonna have an open top bus parade for largest profit?
It'd cost too much. Gotta protect that bottom line.

(N.B. am joking, am aware of history, am proud of the club doing well financially, don't want club to skirt with existence ever again, also am pretty peeved at our relentlessly shambolic form - think that covers everything)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

And we are getting a fan zone to get more people to get there early and stay late and put more money in the club.

winner winner chicken dinner

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rejoice! Rejoice! :clap:

How ungrateful.

The transport scheme is included in the ST cost, padded and wide seats to admire the non-scoring losses, the CEO answers all emails, Fans Advisory Board, award winning stadium, away fans get their choice of ales and their concourse is lit in their club colour, Hey Jude, Sweet Caroline and Put Your 'Ands For Bwighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here