Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not mathematically

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope their first goal scord is against us......if you follow what I mean.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Only a couple of wins away from catching 4th from bottom. Unfortunately they have a knack of scrapping out of these situations, so can't take the piss (much) just yet.

True. But whilst Palace try and gone those two wins, 4th from bottom play West Brom (H) and Swansea (A). So I imagine the gap is not likely to reduce by six.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can we please stop obsessing over the plight of Palace? It's been great fun, but really, now it's just boring. After all, they are only seven points below us. It's not exactly March and we're home and dry, while they are consigned to relegation, is it? There's absolutely no guarantee we will finish above them and I can't help thinking that all this smug postering is doomed to bite us on the arse....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can we please stop obsessing over the plight of Palace? It's been great fun, but really, now it's just boring. After all, they are only seven points below us. It's not exactly March and we're home and dry, while they are consigned to relegation, is it? There's absolutely no guarantee we will finish above them and I can't help thinking that all this smug postering is doomed to bite us on the arse....

This isn't the thread you are looking for.

larus

Sorry, but if we can’t enjoy this moment after all of the years of shit and abuse we’ve had, then when can we?

This, to me, is so sweet. The gloating from them about none of our players would get in their squad, the 5-1 drubbing with the likes of Oatway playing, etc. No, this is definitely the time too be gloating. We’re all aware that it’s likely to be a hard season for us and we know we are one of the favourites for relegation. So, all the time they are sh1thouse I’ll keep enjoying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
North Korea have undertaken 9 nuclear missile tests since Crystal Palace last scored.

In the Premier League.
North Korea have been conducting nuclear tests in the Premier League :eek:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Let's not forget they have already played City,Utd & Liverpool all away.How many points will we get from those games.We have managed 1 point from games at Leicester,Watford & Bournemouth so not much better.2 home defeats against teams that are expected to struggle this season Hudds & Swansea has hurt them.2 other defeats away at Burnley who are strong at home & home to soton a game they were probably expecting something out of but not a relegation candidate.
The fact that they are still yet to score after 7 games is a worry(not for us of course).
I would be surprised if 40 pts would be required to stay up.I think 36 will be enough.So if you except that points against the top 6 are unlikely so you need 36 points from 26 games.Having lost 4 games against teams outside the top 6 Palace need 36 points from 22 games assuming they lose all 12 games against the top 6.thats 1.63 pts per game.
Where as we need 29 points from 21 games assuming we lose all 12 at 1.38 pts per game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theboybilly

Palace aint going to suddenly turn into Real Madrid when Zaha is back yet this is what they seem to be banking on. They are devoid of confidence and look rudderless. Benteke is not the sort you want next to you in a battle either judging by his body language. If the teams above Palace can produce any sort of form our friends are doomed.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Pure maths here. They need 40 points from 33 games. If they lose to Chelsea it will be 40 from 32. Do you think Palace can pick up 1.25 points a game for the rest of season? They dont look capable of that at present :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's all a confidence thing, currently they haven't even scored or kept a clean sheet. They are likely to need to do both of those things in order to get a win and Roy will start with trying to keep a clean sheet.

Palace don't have a squad of fighters but do have some quality players, unfortunately they will need to dig deep to get their first win and too many of their squad sulk around the pitch. Not having Benteke could be a blessing in disguise.

They could be looking at end of October or even end of November where they have 2 fixtures in a row that they feel should bring them points, it will be a long hard up hill struggle just to get out of the bottom 3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here