Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not kept in after Palace game.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Lots of rumors floating about being kept in for 90 mins after the game this is, of course, utter tosh. Worked well last season and will work well again tomorrow. Two trains laid on for Brighton fans LEAVING less than an hour after game. I have been to hundreds of "big" games in the last 30+ years (bigger and badder than CPFC V BHAFC) and have never been kept in for anywhere near that long and that was when the police done WTF they liked...anyway carry on

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We are being kept in. But not for an hour and a half.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Two extra trains will be servicing Brighton tomorrow evening...

British Transport Police and Southern Rail have arranged for two extra services post-match tomorrow.

Both will leave Norwood Junction and will stop at the following stations;

Train 1 - Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Brighton.

Train 2 - Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Wivelsfied, Burgess Hill, Hassoscks, Preston Park, Brighton.

These services will leave no later than one hour after the scheduled finish time of the game.

On the day @MPSCROYDON and @SUSPOLFOOTBALL will be tweeting live information and it is recommended that supporters follow these on twitter for up-to-date information.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

British Transport Police and Southern Rail have arranged for two extra services post-match tomorrow.

Both will leave Norwood Junction and will stop at the following stations;

Train 1 - Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Brighton.

Train 2 - Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Wivelsfied, Burgess Hill, Hassoscks, Preston Park, Brighton.

These services will leave no later than one hour after the scheduled finish time of the game.

On the day @MPSCROYDON and @SUSPOLFOOTBALL will be tweeting live information and it is recommended that supporters follow these on twitter for up-to-date information.

So if you don't tweet you are f***ed

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Jail.jpg

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

QUOTE]

This suggests we won't be kept in long.

I need to get to London sharpish ofter the game so will have to leave early to avoid getting caught up in whatever plod has in store for us

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The train back to Brighton last season was grim, just hope you dont get crammed in with anyone who has flagrant regard to personal hygiene.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I need to get to London sharpish ofter the game so will have to leave early to avoid getting caught up in whatever plod has in store for us

If they are holding us in, I seriously doubt they would let anyone out early. I don't even think they let anyone out early at that 5-0 game.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't think the police will let any of you leave early if they are keeping you back after the game.
Palace fans coming out of AW/Holmesdale stands can't do a left down Park Road, so that suggests there will be a police line /wall in place !

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I dont do Twitter, and I need that 2nd train so I can get home to Burgess hill.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Errrr...what happens if you want to go back to London??
Are they going to kettle all the Brighton fans onto that train? I hope not, otherwise I will be kicking off with MET Police.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes I was there and we were not kept in for 90 mins - but that might be because we broke out

No, you're right, we weren't kept in the ground for 90 minutes, we were kept OUTSIDE the ground for 2 1/2 hours. It took me 8 hours to get back to nottingham. That was despite pushing past some coppers who tried to force me onto a Brighton train.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If they are holding us in, I seriously doubt they would let anyone out early. I don't even think they let anyone out early at that 5-0 game.

I was let out early. I was with the wife & a youngish child.

Bad mistake though, got shoved into a hairdresser to hide for about 30 mins as a pack of about 50 of the scum were roaming around looking for agro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here