not just the amex then

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Spectators have complained about difficulty getting water
Food and water supplies are being increased at Olympic venues after long queues and supply shortages during the opening days, organisers have said.

Football fans said food ran out at Wembley Stadium on Sunday and there were long queues for water fountains at Greenwich Park in London.

Locog "reacted overnight" to problems at several venues, their director of sport Debbie Jeavans said.

"There'll be mobile units moving around selling things like water," she added.

"We are aware of things and have reacted to it."

The move comes after problems including:

Half-hour queues for water fountains and 45-minute queues at food outlets at the dressage in Greenwich Park on Saturday
Food and drink shortages at Old Trafford for the double-header of opening games of men's football on Thursday
Food and drink shortages of items like noodles, pizza and beer at Sunday night's two football matches at Wembley Stadium
:cheers::bigwave:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Somebody at work was at Wembley last night, there was no food ready after the first match had finished and the Visa machines were not working so if you wanted food you had to pay with cash.

I really hope once the games have finished everybody cancals their visa credit card, I will be as I only got it for the games.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've personally never had any sort of problem with the food and drink at our ground, I'm always able to get it when needed in the North Stand.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Somebody at work was at Wembley last night, there was no food ready after the first match had finished and the Visa machines were not working so if you wanted food you had to pay with cash.

I really hope once the games have finished everybody cancals their visa credit card, I will be as I only got it for the games.

Their was a guy on here on sat at old trafford, he was in the ground to see both matches so like 1. 30pm. Only to find out it was cash only, and all he had for food and drink for a family of 4 was 9 quid to last them 5 hours ( he was steaming )

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Having just got back from the "He's Fallen Orf" it is a price to be paid for 9/11. Not being able to take in water on a hot day is ridiculous. They provide free water points - but then people take an age filling up their bottles. Two women in the queue I was in were drinking their water to make space to fill their water up again.

Anyway - it you are going to an Olympic event take empty bottles to fill up.

On the way in - it was like the airport - take off your belt, money and phone into the tray and a metal detector. Complete over reaction.

Still had a good day though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the way in - it was like the airport - take off your belt, money and phone into the tray and a metal detector. Complete over reaction.

I don't think that's an over-reaction at all. The Olympics are just as much a target as any aeroplane so what else can they do to guarantee safety?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Sunday at Wembley was a joke. I've never moaned about the Amex but last night re affirmed that.

No card payments, Shit. Run around looking for the marked ATM on the guide. Couldn't find it ask at info point oh now they've been removed from use.

Finally find family to get see if they had cash I could borrow they did went back to que, Waited 45mins to then be told no food left! Got back to seat late and missed national anthem.

Left ground only to wait for 45 mins odd just to get to the station.

Given I had been watching both games I was pretty hungry by the time I got close to finding food.

Great games mind.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Was at The Olympic Park yesterday to watch the GB men's hockey in the evening. Left Horsham on 9.50 train, no problems at Victoria, off at Mile End as stayed at my Aunt's overnight. Walked to one of the gates, Greenway rather than Stratford, straight in no fuss. Yes, had to go through same security as you do at airports, but troops manning the security all friendly. Food & drink outlets no real queues, shops fairly easy to get into and round - and spend plenty of cash.
Able to stay until the end of second match, 30 mins walk back for Hockey stadium to exit gate, then further 30 mins walk back to Mile End. Train home this morning easy - although Central Line not running!
Doesn't appear to have been any problems according to my Aunt over the weekend or yesterday, quite the opposite it seems.
Anyone still to go, enjoy the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports