Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not in the bottom 3 after the first game

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Our season starts next week really, we were never going to best Citeh.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That's actualluy made me feel a lot better. Now all we have to do is stay 17th!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Some serious straw clutching on this thread :smile:

Table is not worth looking at until at least six games in

Oh come on! We need something to cheer us up. We have played the best team in the country and are not in the bottom three. That's worth drinking to, I reckon (though it doesn't take much, in my case...)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh come on! We need something to cheer us up. We have played the best team in the country and are not in the bottom three. That's worth drinking to, I reckon (though it doesn't take much, in my case...)

Signing Izquierda and another striker will put me in heaven but I don't give a toss what the table looks like tonight. We shouldn't need cheering up, yesterday was no disgrace.

I will have another drink though :smile:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
If we stay out of the bottom three for the rest of the season, I believe it will match the run at the top, albeit from slightly later in the season, under Gus in 2010-11. imo, like.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Some serious straw clutching on this thread :smile:

Table is not worth looking at until at least six games in

All a bit of fun, Icy....

If Man U play like that all season don't fancy our chances in either match. Spurs looked tasty as well. Still onwards and upwards nil desperandom and all that.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Are we really expecting to take any points for those teams? Nah, it's all about securing the latches and locking the doors with them. Guns blazing against the mid-table teams, that's where our points should come from for the time being.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All a bit of fun, Icy....

Are we really expecting to take any points for those teams? Nah, it's all about securing the latches and locking the doors with them. Guns blazing against the mid-table teams, that's where our points should come from for the time being.

Agree. I then we can probably expect zero points from our 12 matches against the top six, although we will probably pick up a few draws through dogged defensive displays.

We just have to make sure we do well enough in the 'League of 14' by getting results against the other teams.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well that was weird. Not only did I watch 20 minutes or so of a PL game (yes I know our game against City was also a PL game, but you know what I mean), but I wanted Man U to score a third so we wouldn't be bottom - and I actually cheered when it went in. Then I cheered again when they got a fourth.

Weird, weird weekend. Normally I'd be delighted at the smaller clubs sticking it to the bigger clubs such as Burnley winning at Chelsea and Watford holding Liverpool, but this season I'm thinking "Shit, our relegation rivals have had good results". Even Huddersfield's win may not turn out to be an unalloyed blessing (still, that's a worry for another day).

Suppose I'd better get used to hoping the big clubs win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here