Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not impressed with uber pretentious and inadequately portioned Ginger Pig...

D

Deleted User X18H

in Hove Street.Went there last night a poor mans PPT if you ask me.

And what the f*** have they done to The Connaught:tantrum:

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
It's la-de-da wank without any substance. Much prefered it when it was a pub where you could play snooker.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Isn't the use of the word 'uber' pretentious in itself?

Just a thought.:p

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I walked past the "Ginger Pig" t'other night, and was most frustrated at noticing only two ale hand pumps sitting incongruously alone at the end of the bar, a long way away from the ice-cold dripping chrome lager dispensaries and their parrot-headed bartenders (in "skinny jeans" no doubt with their Primark underwear on show).

Avoid

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I went there last year and had a great meal. Got to disagree on the Connaught. Previously it was a pub that I would hurry past as the clientele coming out of it looked very dodgy. Much friendlier looking now and had a great pork belly there just before Xmas

D

Deleted User X18H

Me and the wife used to go to the Ginger Pig quite a lot with the boy Mothers Day Father's Day. It was child friendly as well and we went their with friends and could have a relaxed evening. But now it's more seats shoved in less bar space and we all thought the food was extra nouvelle.

However the food was extremely tasty and well presented. But as for the Connaught, who's next for a Hove make over The Neptune? The Nevill? The Connaught was a local drinkers pub spit and sawdust one end a wee bit posher with a tele at the other. With all kinds of merchandise available on a Friday night and by that I mean electrical and clothing knock offs. Now is it full a f***ing wannabees with lancashire accents banging about the fact they have found a new part of Brighton.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Me and the wife used to go to the Ginger Pig quite a lot with the boy Mothers Day Father's Day. It was child friendly as well and we went their with friends and could have a relaxed evening. But now it's more seats shoved in less bar space and we all thought the food was extra nouvelle.

However the food was extremely tasty and well presented. But as for the Connaught, who's next for a Hove make over The Neptune? The Nevill? The Connaught was a local drinkers pub spit and sawdust one end a wee bit posher with a tele at the other. With all kinds of merchandise available on a Friday night and by that I mean electrical and clothing knock offs. Now is it full a f***ing wannabees with lancashire accents banging about the fact they have found a new part of Brighton.

You could make very similar comparisons between The Goldstone and Falmer.

I guess life moves on and business promotes itself to those willing to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here