Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy with Result tonight

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
me neither. But I did think my unhappiness was worth sharing given NSC's propensity to help others when in need. No such luck tonight eh TB? :) Just cruel jibes, lies and even a mention of pies.

I'm sure you'll get over it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Says you after 2+ hours of crying over not getting another goal tonight.
Ffs, sort your life out.
Says you from Vancouver, Canada, the most BORING place ever. No wonder you think I'm crying. Tears a plenty out there. No wonder you need NSC for company. I just can't sleep, but you, you seek a former life still. On the other side of the world. Come home, all will be forgiven. :)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Says you from Vancouver, Canada, the most BORING place ever. No wonder you think I'm crying. Tears a plenty out there. No wonder you need NSC for company. I just can't sleep, but you, you seek a former life still. On the other side of the world. Come home, all will be forgiven. :)

Now I know this thread was just a cry for attention over anything else.
Good luck with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hemed INURED
Kayal INURED
Bruno OFF Injured
Rosenior INURED
March INJURED

3 points & a clean sheet.
3 points off top spot.

I'm happy with the result.

You need to get your 'J' fixed, sunshine :lolol:

Good points though punk:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Right, you've been most entertaining all who've replied and well played those who tried to counter my disappointment we couldn't have put this game to bed well before FT. It's passed the time nicely, you're all marvellous. Thank you. Thread closed. Nothing more to add. Taxi...!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right, you've been most entertaining all who've replied and well played those who tried to counter my disappointment we couldn't have put this game to bed well before FT. It's passed the time nicely, you're all marvellous. Thank you. Thread closed. Nothing more to add. Taxi...!

You can't close a thread. There, I just proved it. :O

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1 would settle for a similar result on 30 of the remaining 33 games. The only downside is that having dropped points on Saturday through taking Sam Baldock off CH did the same again this evening and we very nearly suffered the same fate.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
1 would settle for a similar result on 30 of the remaining 33 games. The only downside is that having dropped points on Saturday through taking Sam Baldock off CH did the same again this evening and we very nearly suffered the same fate.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

But the 'batten down the hatches' thing, I think IS justified. We need fresh legs, willing to work hard for the last 15-20 mins to protect our lead. That's the priority. Otherwise we fall deeper and deeper with tired players who are no good to us when we're being battered with set pieces or long, high balls into the box/

CH is effectively taking the toys (Baldock, Knocky) away and making the kids go and stand in the corner (penalty box) for not scoring more goals.

It'll keep happening, it's just we all need to learn to have faith in our defence. More often than not, we get what we want out of the game!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's the way the Manager plays. If he doesn't get the 2 goal lead by 10 or 15 mins to go, he shuts up shop. Like it or lump it, that's what he does. It earned 89 points last year so people can knock it all they like but 90% of the time it is effective

I understand the logic and the percentages. However, sitting back failed on Saturday and nearly did so again last night. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Out of interest why is it that Baldock is the one to get subbed ? I know he covers a lot of ground in a match. Does this mean he can't play 90 minutes ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

.........and This!
The final outcome was as much a 'relief' as it was joyous! I'm not at all ungrateful we hung on, but do despair that somehow CH (or the Players) 'mindset' is such that they appear to believe that getting in front is enough, and we can then start to play a very different 'hanging on' game from that we started the match with. We were Top Dogs last night, as we were against Preston, yet again we were left pooing our pants for the last 15 mins. ....Ive only got so much underwear! :eek:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Obviously Baldock is getting subbed as we need a big outlet up front if we play a lone striker. As Hemed is injured this means we pretty much have to keep Murray on

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We didn't really have much option but to shut up shop last night. We only have two fit strikers and if they don't perform then we haven't got much to replace them with. Hopefully Hemed will be fit soon.

I'm still worried about our lack of goals. We can't rely on the defence to bail us out all season.

And that lack of goals cost us arguably more than draws last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Haven't had time to read through the whole thread - charging off to work in a minute - but what I have read seems to fail to take in to account that there was another team on the pitch last night and that Wolves were actually pretty nifty. It would have been nice to have a two goal cushion, but on the other hand some solid defending saw us through against some decent attacking opposition.

See my sign off below.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I understand the logic and the percentages. However, sitting back failed on Saturday and nearly did so again last night. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Out of interest why is it that Baldock is the one to get subbed ? I know he covers a lot of ground in a match. Does this mean he can't play 90 minutes ?
This is becoming a myth, can't believe so many goons are fooling for it. Was it because we put on an extra defender and one of our best players that caused Wolves to have 6 corners in succession?

No it wasn't.

Woukd Murphy's hit and hope on Saturday gone straight to Sam Baldock and prevented a Preston attack (with one less player to bypass)? Of course not.

The problem is not the hanging on, it's failing to convert our pressure to chances and goals to kill the game off early.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm calling for an end to these 80th min onwards, wrong end sieges + 45mins extra time, and instead call for outright annihilation of the opposition!

We've played 27 league games since Cardiff with 16 wins and 15 clean sheets, and of those games we've somehow managed to sweep aside teams 4-0, 4-0, 5-0, 4-0, 3-1, 3-0, 3-0, 2-0, & 2-0 along the way.
If you look beyond the last 2 games we've played of course in concluding the pattern of play of the team or the style of the manager.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Must start with Stephens on Saturday and not Norwood

Is Stevens still carrying a small injury . However I might have tried Elvis up front for last ten minutes his strength and pace may have taken a bit of pressure of the defence and rested Glen Murray who was being fouled everytime he went up for a header. Well done Glen for not punching the marker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here